UK buyers, will you be buying the 930 or wait for McLaren?

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm going to get the 930. The old 920 is starting to get a bit old now and its being forgotten about with regards RAW support and other features. 4.5 inches is almost too big for one hand for me, but viewing websites on a ' small' screen is getting annoying. Another .5 inch would be nice. Def a 2 hand jobby though, even the woman in the advert had a hard time with it and she probably had banana hands.

KKRLessey

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I think I may wait it out as I have a 920 on EE and my contract ends in November. If the McLaren came out then, I will get it!

AndyGriff

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Ordered it from amazon.fr today as I got bored with waiting for a firm release date in the UK. It cost just over ?450 after exchange rate commission -- not bad, really. If the McLaren is that much of a step up, I'll think about trading the 930 in but I concluded there's no point waiting as that dynamic could go on for ever.

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Im waiting,, bought my 920 contract free a month after it came out for ?330 with 2 wireless chargers and a free set of headphones. Epic bargain. So Im waiting for a proper successor to the 920, e.g not the 930 which is basically the 925.

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I'll wait for McLaren so that I can (hopefully) get the 930 for cheaper. My contract is up in September and hopefully McLaren is released around that time (probably a month or two later is my guess).

Paul Nicholas

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Why would anyone buy this over a ?350 Nokia 1520 on Amazon? Same phone apart from the 1520 being bigger with a bigger battery. 930 is a complete dud that should have come out at Christmas time.

I'll be waiting for the McLaren.

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Why would anyone buy this over a ?350 Nokia 1520 on Amazon? Same phone apart from the 1520 being bigger with a bigger battery. 930 is a complete dud that should have come out at Christmas time.

Because not everyone wants a massive phone?

930 will do me fine, anything is better than my HTC at the moment!

KHROMAsynthetik

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I was going to; my contract was up in March, so I have just been waiting for it to become available. They've just taken too long with it though, and I don't see much point in grabbing what is an almost six-month-old phone when I can just wait a few more months and see what the year-end flagship will be. My release day 920 is still trucking along nicely, even more so with 8.1 on it, so I can afford to be patient.

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I am tempted by this but I'll wait to actually hold it in a shop before I decide. This week's rumours of a 1525 is making me a bit hesitant as I think I would end up preferring that.....

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site

Are those 'cheap' 1520s on Amazon not grey imports though?

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm stuck with this problem as well, I'm not really into the idea of a 6 inch phone but at ?350 it's more than a match for the 930, indeed it has a couple of advantages, ie micro SD and full RGB screen. I'll wait to see the UK price sans the "free" crap.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
For me, L930 is a forgotten phone. It has really nothing of interest for me. It's too expensive for what it is. I see it's price dropping rapidly. I still won't buy it though.

No idea what phone I want. I'll wait and see what comes out.

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Basically no one is getting one. Shame really, it's the only other Lumia to have wireless charging.

This is part of the problem. As it stands, WP only gets a couple of new devices a year, and its frustrating when these devices miss out on features already available on older phones.
I need a new phone soon (my 820 cracked it's screen), but I don't like the 930 because of missing Glance and SD card support.
The 1520 seems to have it all in, but I want a phone, not phablet.
I almost looked at the 925 but it has no wireless charging (without a case)

If and when a "proper" flagship comes out (and not some hyped up international version of a phone existing in the US for over half a year) with *all* the features on previous phones, I'll think of getting that.

In the meanwhile, the Moto G 4G does look like a really nice phone...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster