Getting Update!

daddymanAZ

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My wife's 8X got a firmware and radio software update last night...
firmware 3030.0.42201.605
radio software 2.00.20.0528_3

Did a quick comparo against my 8X settings but didn't find anything. The only change I've been able to see is the arrow on the wifi icon...will keep looking.

EDIT:
Noticing her WiFi speed tests are much slower than mine after this update....

earlyadapter

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Getting update as I type.
HTC 8x, Verizon
:excited:

It's HTC update version 3.9. Nothing to do with Windows or Microsoft! I got the same thing and originally thought the same thing you did. For all those wondering I'm in NJ USA.

I can't really find any information about the update at all though. Like what exactly changed...

Elephant2000

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
It's HTC update version 3.9. Nothing to do with Windows or Microsoft! I got the same thing and originally thought the same thing you did. For all those wondering I'm in NJ USA.

I can't really find any information about the update at all though. Like what exactly changed...

Thank you. I was wondering what this was. Could not find any info at all.

I'm in NJ, too!

WP7WasMyIdea

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Now on day 3 of the date. Noticing that my phone randomly shuts down. I might check a text, lock the phone, put it in my pocket. Check about 20-30 mins later... the phone is off! The same thing happened last night. I put my phone on my charger, next thing you know I hear the vibrate sound as if its turning back on. Thanks for the update HTC. Loving this one!

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys for the heads up. Just got the update notice yesterday. I might just sit on this for awhile to see if these issues are wide spread and/or persistent...tho the eventual wp8.1 update will likely force the issue idunno. But thanks guys for sending out a heads up.

AndyD14

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I got the same update on the 9th. I have not yet noticed anything other than what has already been mentioned except that I have had no issues with wi-fi or anything.

Elephant2000

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok. Now on day 3 of the date. Noticing that my phone randomly shuts down. I might check a text, lock the phone, put it in my pocket. Check about 20-30 mins later... the phone is off! The same thing happened last night. I put my phone on my charger, next thing you know I hear the vibrate sound as if its turning back on. Thanks for the update HTC. Loving this one!

I had a similar problem. Went to Verizon store and swapped sim card out for new one. Have not had that problem since.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8s/215841-htc-8s-randoms-shutdowns-invalid-sim-error.html

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
This did change the boot logo however as now it is just a red screen with the Verizon logo instead of that weird cube with verizon's and MS's logos. Also, during the installation it said migrating data. What does that mean?

Mark McClure

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both received this update on Saturday (7/12) and now both phones cannot connect to the home WiFi at all. My phone cannot connect at work either. This is going to be an expensive update if I no longer have the ability to connect to WiFi.

Nothing on the VZW website about it. Bad.
:cry:

earlyadapter

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
This did change the boot logo however as now it is just a red screen with the Verizon logo instead of that weird cube with verizon's and MS's logos. Also, during the installation it said migrating data. What does that mean?

I noticed this too. Has anybody tried charging the phone while off? I have seem to have lost this function.

lwrogers

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I received the same update in Seattle last week (FW 30300_42201 _605) and now WiFi drops off and won't reconnect (or even find any hot spots) until I reboot Fortunately the phone reboots randomly many times a day so I guess there's an upside there. The battery also is draining in record time - like an hour or two but not all the time. I suspect this is related to some app behaving badly but I haven't figured out which one. Before this update I can't recall the last problem I had with the phone. It has been rock solid.

Arne Starr

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
From Verizon:

THE FOLLOWING IMPROVEMENTS HAVE BEEN
MADE:
Data Usage Applies. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. ? 2014 Verizon Wireless. 0614-H6194
WINDOWS PHONE 8X
? Roaming enhancements when traveling internationally
? Improved reliability when sending SMS messages

This was a single page PDF, no other info.
First call I made post update, had the speaker phone on and wouldn't turn off. The phone did not reboot after the update, just at the beginning with the new Verizon screen and the new Wi-Fi addition to that icon., so I did it now, sound went back to normal. No other issues yet...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte