Question: file transfer speed from 1520 to PC

Win Luck

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I purchased this Samsung Micro-SDXC card (90MB read / up to 80MB write) for my 1520

Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics 64GB PRO Micro SDXC with Adapter Upto 90MB/s Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MG64DA/AM): Computers & Accessories

But, I noticed that file transfer from either PC to Phone or Phone to PC is very slow which took more than half hour to transfer 4 gigabyte pictures and videos. However, when I record the video with 1080P/30F, I didn't see any lag. I had another Windows phone 7.8 device before and that only took few minutes to transfer 4GB data.

How is your transfer speed?

Veett

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Well from my experiences that card is too good for WP system since it doesnt benefit from its speed in any way. And if you are using usb cable to transfer files it will bottleneck your transfer rates a lot. So in order to get top speeds from that card you need to get it out from the phone and stick it in to USB 3.0 card reader.

edit: And if your 4GB transfer is taking that long there is prolly something else going on at the same time -> reconnect phone and/or reboot phone and/or computer :).

Last edited:

Win Luck

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I know this card is too good for the phone, but after read so many ppl had lag issue in Full HD recording then I rather buy something overkilling to prevent future headache. However I didn't expect 1520's transferring speed is this slow between PC and phone when compare it with my other phones, even the very old N95 is doing better than this 1520.

Veett

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Is it always that slow? I get sometimes really low transfer rates but switching to another usb port has usually helped.

Win Luck

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I tried with 2 computers and 1 notebook with different cables. However, how is your 1520? Do you see any speed different compare with your USB 2.0 flash drive?

len0808

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
as a test, i transferred a 973mb file (asphalt 8 xap) from my pc to 1520 sd card. i used the usb 2.0 port on the back of my pc. it took exactly 1 minute to transfer the file. i have the sandisk extreme plus 32 gb which is slower spec-wise than your sd card.

Veett

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I did also quick test with 1505mb file. Transferred file from pc to phone memory&memory card and from phone memory&memory card back to pc. All came quite close to each another around 1m38s. I have currently samsung EVO 64gb memory card in phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa