Flashed my French 930 with UK firmware

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Dude you are indeed mental, but thanks for sharing. i am gonna do this too lol

059W006 For me :D BR_Orange device. Need to get my transitions lenses sorted soon.

Last edited:

hattersley

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
My phone just turned up! I was already thinking about converting to UK ROM, with the details you've provided I'm following the howto now!

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, very straight forward. In an hour or so my phone looked identical to how it did before but with UK firmware. Tiles you have pinned from within an app are there but might need deleting and re-adding (such as individual podcasts etc.), but SO much better than how it used to be when it took forever to pin apps, change the tile size and get things back to how they were.

hattersley

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I can report full success in swapping to the UK firmware! I would say that the device required a hard reset before it would boot correctly though.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
The only slightly fiddly bit was getting the phone into the mode where it could be upgraded. Follow the instructions in the Nokia app - go to update, without the phone connected so it throws up an error, then connect it, do the power/volume thing and straight after feeling the vibration hit OK. I found if I released the volume button slightly after I had let go of the power button it kicked in.

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
It's pretty simple, I flashed an unbranded NL920 French ROM to my AT&T NL920 over 1 1/2yr ago. I'm tempted to flash the Finland NL925 ROM to my unbranded NL925.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, as soon as I switched it on I opted to restore it so never actually saw the start screen until it had inherited my cyan theme. I'm a bit of a purist though so am happier flashing the white firmware version on a white phone. I know that's all it does though, sets the colour to the default for that particular phone.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed one or two improvements over the French firmware. The purple hue on grey backgrounds is nowhere near as pronounced and I can opt for spoken street names in both Here Drive and Co-Pilot, neither of which were available to me previously even though I had opted for all the UK language personalisations in settings. Maybe I'd missed something.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
under the extra info does it now say the carrier is 000-gb instead of fr?

I was thinking, these "extras" the UK users are getting we might be able to claim as its all done online ;)

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
All done just installing apps now. One issue I have is I can't detect my 5g wifi only the 2.4g one.

Anyone else had this issue?

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed one or two improvements over the French firmware. The purple hue on grey backgrounds is nowhere near as pronounced and I can opt for spoken street names in both Here Drive and Co-Pilot, neither of which were available to me previously even though I had opted for all the UK language personalisations in settings. Maybe I'd missed something.

I did download the English speech pack as that was set to French.

Snapples

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I must be mad, lol. Just flashed my French 930 with the CV UK unbranded firmware. It really doesn't make any difference but being a geek I wanted to do it. The 930 is an RM-1045 and the firmware codes are here: Product Codes Nokia Lumia 930 Rm-1045 - Product Codes Nokia - Nokioteca [Nokia] Forum - I have the white 930 so my product code for the UK unbranded firmware is 059W025

Flashing instructions are here: [How To] Unbrand/flash all Nokia Android - xda-developers

My 930 arrives tomorrow so if I am feeling brave I might have a try at flashing to UK firmware. I also have the white variant, please can you confirm the following?

Product type: RM-1045
Product code: 059W025

KPAkiller

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
What exact benefits are there to having the uk firmware if you can set the phone to English United kingdom under language and download the language packs for the maps and speech recognition?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium