Have To Reboot Daily or More Problems?

lb2013

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else is having the issue of having to reboot their 1520 daily or more than once each day to receive and/or send SMS, phone calls, or voicemails? This started with the latest Developer Preview update, currently running 8.10.12397.895. This is happening on two different phones with different apps, configs, etc. Also, running on AT&T in Atlanta. When you reboot, calls, SMS, and VMs show up that you were not aware of at all, no notifications, ringer turned up all the way, no knowledge of missed items until reboot. Both phones have 4 or 5 bars of signal strength at all times, so that should not be the issue. Any ideas or this happening to anyone else out there? Let me know and if you have a solution until Cyan is released that will hopefully resolve this issue, please post too.

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No problem on my wifes 1520 here in Ohio. Maybe it is a localized problem with the AT&T towers in your area?

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing I've never really had to much at all but within the last week I've had to on occasion as out of the blue my phone displays no service. This has happened to both mine and my wifes 1520 with AT&T and still running stock not the developers version.

TheGeekNextDoor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
i have been experiencing the same thing. So much so that I put my sim back in my trusty HTC One. It would show that I have signal from AT&T, but then I would get an email from a co-worker asking me why I was avoiding them and that they had left me a VM. I would then try to dial them back. That is when the phone would tell me I wasn't actually connected to the phone network. A quick flip to and from airplane mode solves the problem, but it is a horrible problem Guaranteed to happen at least once a day. I can't afford for my phone to not work.

I also still have the crazy touch screen issue where if I try to swipe from the bottom of the screen too soon after a screen transition that it treats it as a tap instead of a swipe. Nothing has really removed that bug for more than a day.

Jeremy Cockrill

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with my 1520. It's very, very annoying. Often I don't realize that there is a problem until I get home from work to find an unhappy wife...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't reboot my phone for weeks at a time. I usually start having problems if I go for more than 6 weeks or so without rebooting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo