SD card problem

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Does the card work in the PC? Is it an new card? Old card? What class? What does the error say? Are you on WP8.1?

ssk3g

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried

1. Taking a backup and formatting the SD card and restarting the phone.
2. Did you try your phone with a different SD card
3. Did you try this SD card in another Phone or PC.
4. How old is the SD card
5. What is its storage capacity and its class.

Ive personally tried old and new SD cards, though Iam using a class 10 SD card now, never faced such problem.
Please add more details to thread, a single line would only create more questions than answers.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the club! I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that SanDisk and my Lumia 810 never got along well together. I went through 5 swaps and 3 manufacturers before I gave up and went back to a more stable class 6 card. It drove me nuts having it flake out when the camera took a photo or the dreaded "SD Card Error: Your card may be damaged or corrupted please..."My fixes were pretty simple, although temporary...

1) Remove card from phone and insert into PC
2) Copy all data - including hidden files to the PC
3) Place card back into the phone and format
4) Plug phone into computer and copy files back to card

This worked on average for about a month, then the error occurred again. As I said above, going back to the slower class 6 card got rid of the problem on my 810.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes i am looking in to the same issues.......
Not that i have them, but i created them on purpose.

How does this happend, when you restart your phone with a regulair shutdown or a forced shutdown.
A forced shutdown often results in that in the next boot wp needs to scan the card for errors.
The reason is that it could not close the sd cart propper ( same as you remove a usb during a running proces on your pc ).
Reinitialising the card can only be possible when wp has scanned it for possible errors.
Scanning can take some time, a specialy with large cards.
You notice that surtain apps are "grayed out" on your homescreen during that proces.
Note. of course only the apps witch are installed on the sd card.

Tip............shutdown the Phone, put the card in your pc/laptop and then scan for errors,
its a hell faster than when you do it with your phone.
Your phone won't scan again during the next boot.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I am having same problem on Lumia 720 on cyan as whenever I restart or soft reset my phone, pop-up came about scan SD Card & fix errors if yes, then all the apps installed on my SD card are shown as being "unavailable" and when I check the SD card in settings it says "Scanning
Any solution?

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I am having same problem on Lumia 720 on cyan as whenever I restart or soft reset my phone, pop-up came about scan SD Card & fix errors if yes, then all the apps installed on my SD card are shown as being "unavailable" and when I check the SD card in settings it says "Scanning
Any solution?

When this happens, I usually press the back button and just wait for the app to be read by the phone. I once tried to press Yes and all of my apps got corrupted or so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs