Filmmakers out there - Lets Make Nokia THE Mobile Film Shooting Device coz Apple's ahead!

migthemuscle

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks, I am quite frustrated sifting through the internet I can find lots of advices, apps, and equipments all perfectly designed around the Apple industries devices iPhone and iPad. If I am to believe that our Lumias have the best camera equipment on mobile devices out there then why for heavens sake is it Apple stealing the show? have a look at this wonderfully designed video shot edited and produce on all things apple with the aid of Beastgrip universal lens adapter and rig system for camera phoneshomeUniversal, Adjustable, Modular... Works with IOS, Android, Windows and BlackBerry phones and a few other rather expensive toys.

I have ordered my beastgrip and Nikkor DOF adapters and lenses, and now, all that is missing are apps such as Filmic Pro and Ultrakam Pro which are readily available in Apple stores. Also we need connection kits that make connecting sound mixers such as Behringer 802usb to the lumia usb phone ports easy work while shooting.

My shout out goes to aspiring filmmakers ready to give Nokia's brilliant devices a hand in making enough noise so taht microsoft realises what they are missing out on.

We all love great story telling so why on earth are we giving such a beautiful platform of possibilities away free of friction to Apple? http://minimov.co/category/mobile-films/fiction/

We need Apps we need a concerted effort on this.

on the topic of beastgrip here is a luvly thread ... http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ip-lumia-1520-[ongoing-review-*updated*].html

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
If I am to believe that our Lumias have the best camera equipment on mobile devices out there then why for heavens sake is it Apple stealing the show?

First mover advantage and largest market share. Pretty simple. Not sure why there is any confusion. If you have a device or app it is much easier to design if for ONE phone that gets updated every year or so. All your software has to be tested on ONE device per a year. Of course apple has started making two devices per year but it's still a much smaller field of devices to test your app on than Windows Phone or god forbid Andriod. If Windows Phone ever has the number one selling phone in America it won't matter whether its camera is the best. It will get the love and smothering treatment.

migthemuscle

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I love both answers coz you are both absolutely right. Apple has the market share! Nonetheless this is exactly why I am hoping to have this thread liven up. I don't believe nokia needs a market share to create the business around their lumia handsets. I believe getting people involved and inspiring Nokia and Microsoft designers and their decision makers to actually realize that here is a market (nokia filmmakers) they are predestined to own if they would only fokus on it proper by aiding the guys around beastgrip, Ultrakam Pro and Filmic Pro as much as possible plus design more versatile camera kit and explicit extentions as they successfully have for the Lumia 1020 camera grip. Microsoft has just now entered an agreement with canon so the intentions are clear but not gritty enough for my taste.

Market share should never be the deciding factor when it comes to creativity - vision should!

As Apple have shown by head hunting nokia' pureview chief designer they know they need to up their game.

migthemuscle

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
FiLMiC Pro will give any WP 8 user a camera that can pretty much achiev Hollywood quality video

Given the quality of the video cameras on the current generation of Windows Phones (especially the latest Lumia phones), FiLMiC Pro for Windows Phone will give any Windows Phone 8 user a camera that can pretty much achieve Hollywood quality video. Awesome Kickstarter: FiLMiC Pro for Windows Phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs