Lumia 1520 Can I encrypt folder on SD Card (On The Fly)?

oioisav

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm really enjoying the 1520 (especially with WP 8.1). In most areas it's the best phone I've owned. Top class.

But...
A few little things bother me though. Wondering if anyone has any insight or nuggets of advice:
- I can't find any apps to encrypt folders on the SD Card. Is there anything like EDS or LUKS (Android apps) for WP 8.1?
- Using Skype, I can't send a text message. It works on Android devices, but not on a WP.
- Is there a WP alternative to Swiftkey? (my favourite mobile keyboard on Android)
- Is the device automatically encrypted, out of the box?

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
You can encrypt the device if you have an Exchange account where that particular feature is enforced by the server configuration, i don't know if the sd would be encrypted aswell. You can't install any keyboard but the new integrated swipe keyboard on wp8.1 is the fastest default keyboard on any mobile os. Skype is way behind on wp than on other platform, but you know, the same old Microsoft...

oioisav

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks hprvez. So no chance of encrypting a folder on SD card then. Just the Exchange account option.
I'm using an Xperia Z2 as backup phone. But really prefer the 1520. Just wish the above things would work on it. Then I'd have the perfect phone :)

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
You can encrypt the device if you have an Exchange account where that particular feature is enforced by the server configuration, i don't know if the sd would be encrypted aswell. You can't install any keyboard but the new integrated swipe keyboard on wp8.1 is the fastest default keyboard on any mobile os. Skype is way behind on wp than on other platform, but you know, the same old Microsoft...

The internal storage is encrypted by default. The exchange option does not cause the SD to be encrypted and in fact if it is set on the EAS server even if you don't have an SD card in the phone the device will not connect. Not sure what MS was thinking with this choice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99