Best cases for my 1020

aldofarias82

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello i just bought my 1020 and I see a similar problem I faced with my 720: The lack of options when it comes to looking for protective cases.

I love Lumia design but I NEED to protect my phone too, most of the cases I see online (eBay, Amazon...) are 1.-FUGLY - they look very very cheap and a lot like any other case you see on your average android. Also very bulky.
2.- Some look nice (like the genuine charging case I own) but they don't protect it from ANYTHING but from scratches on the back.

I need a sleek looking one that happens to protect my phone. Any advice, pics, etc?...

Thanks in advance!

michaelkriss

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I always thought the ones from spec looked really nice, especially in yellow. I took a gamble with my 1020 and got a cheap thin one a lot like the wireless charging case and I have been really happy. It kept the phone slim and provided some basic protection, better grip and some color.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
My friend got the IMAK Quicksand or Cowboy case (both are the same) for his 1020. Very easy to find on ebay. Nice and slim, low profile that doesn't obscenely change the size/shape of the phone, a VERY grippy and nice textured surface, and also barely wraps around the edges to protect the corners too.

Topataco

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Baseus flip case from Amazon, I liked the construction and the design a lot, also could be used as a stand. A caveat though, the little magnetic clasp gets in the way for the stand function and it's a tad bit troublesome for taking pictures that demand speed, but it protected my phone with style from MANY drops

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I always thought the ones from spec looked really nice, especially in yellow. I took a gamble with my 1020 and got a cheap thin one a lot like the wireless charging case and I have been really happy. It kept the phone slim and provided some basic protection, better grip and some color.

very happy with yellow speck candyshell.

aldofarias82

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I have an incipio light feather black case on my yellow 1020. Great enough protection and doesn't add bulk

What about frontal drops? that seems to be a weak point in that kind of case, I have the wireless charging one from Nokia and I feel very unsafe about that. My 720 crashed to pieces it's screen with the smallest of drops. NOT GOING TO LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN

h3ndr4cd

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I use Capdase sider baco, then I replace the default case which identical 100% size with Original Nokia wireless charging CC-3066 Yellow. The wireless charge work perfectly while my screen covered 100% unlike if you use purely CC-3066 only where the screen still exposed. This case also make 1020 back very flat so can put on flat surface nicely.

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I use Capdase sider baco, then I replace the default case which identical 100% size with Original Nokia wireless charging CC-3066 Yellow. The wireless charge work perfectly while my screen covered 100% unlike if you use purely CC-3066 only where the screen still exposed. This case also make 1020 back very flat so can put on flat surface nicely.

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
I wish there was a Defender type case with built in charging, or one designed to take the Nokia charging case. Do you have a link for your case?

Last edited:

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I wish there was a Defender type case with built in charging, or one designed to take the Nokia charging case. Do you have a link for your case?

Take a look at this thread - you can easily mod the wireless charging coil ( from the wireless charging cover) into the Otterbox Defender series case or any other case really

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have four cases -plus a yellow Nokia grip- to enrobe my black beauty. Two of the Empire KLIX -in orange and teal, the Reiko in purple, and the StilGut in navy. I use the Empires the most, but like them all. Would have gotten a yellow Speck, were it a matte yellow. Got my grip from Microsoft, and all the cases through Amazon:
Amazon.com: Empire KLIX Slim-Fit Hard Case for Nokia Lumia 1020 - Retail Packaging - Soft Touch Orange: Cell Phones & Accessories
http://www.amazon.com/Reiko-Silicon...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2640403
Amazon.com: StilGut UltraSlim Genuine Leather Case for Nokia Lumia 1020, Navyblue: Cell Phones & Accessories

Last edited:

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I ended up hacking my own. I wanted a proper leather case that flipped from the base not the side, with a tpu gel case on the inside. The flip cases I'd had, only had cheap plastic inners which cracked at the corners and didn't offer much protection.
So I pulled away the plastic inner of a Yousave leather case and glued a tpu case inside. Works really well and looks far better than I expected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720