Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Mirakle

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I've already had rom files and flasher on my hard drive and just flashed!
I've checked the first page procedure and you should be perfectly fine with it.

cedogares

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
O.S. 8.10.14203.306 latest PfD

FW 2424.13.5.1- 8.0 GDR2 if i'm correct

I have ATO BTU DBT and neither of them works, no official update for me, my friend has the same Ativ as mine, he is on DBT and never been on PfD and recently got official 8.1.1 update.. What about me?

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vafo

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
As numerously mentioned/infered before, PfD devices are on a different "update stream" than non-PfD ones.

(Still no update on DBT PfD)

Twigglet12

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I previously posted that after flashing to ATO CSC, Internet Sharing didn't work. I changed CSC to XEO, and then Internet Sharing worked again.

However, nobody else on this forum confirmed that, so I decided to try ATO again today. So now I'm back to ATO and Internet Sharing is still working.

Weird!

I've also re-activated PfD - and IS is still working.
wp_ss_20141120_0001.png

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
As numerously mentioned/infered before, PfD devices are on a different "update stream" than non-PfD ones.

(Still no update on DBT PfD)

Yes, they are but when the official update is installed then it reverts back to the non-PfD update stream instead until the PfD app is reactivated.

HKATIVS

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Good news everyone!

Completed the update to my phone it is working perfectly. Love the new UI and features, it much more refined than the developer preview I tried back May. Obviously they ironed out all the kinks.

I regret not doing it sooner as suggested by Boris NevermorE earlier this month.

Thanks everyone for all your advice. I am now getting to know my 'new phone' I will post my experiences.

wp_ss_20141122_0001.png

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Good news everyone!

Completed the update to my phone it is working perfectly. Love the new UI and features, it much more refined than the developer preview I tried back May. Obviously they ironed out all the kinks.

I regret not doing it sooner as suggested by Boris NevermorE earlier this month.

Thanks everyone for all your advice. I am now getting to know my 'new phone' I will post my experiences.

View attachment 88735

That's an interesting firmware revision, several major versions higher than the rest of us at 2608.13.01.1

Marin Frenky

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Good news everyone!

View attachment 88735

that's quite higher firmware revision but lower bootloader version than mine. is the developer preview. what's yout CSC.
wp_ss_20141123_0001.jpg

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
My phone has DBT CSC and PfD. Should I change it to BTU so I may get the firmware update or should I just wait?

I wouldn't bother as updates are rolled out according to CSC and IMEI. Even if a CSC is getting more updates than your current one, your IMEI might not be one that's receiving the update yet.

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't bother as updates are rolled out according to CSC and IMEI. Even if a CSC is getting more updates than your current one, your IMEI might not be one that's receiving the update yet.

Hi Neo,

How do we know that the updates depend on those two factors (CSC and IMEI)?
Is it something that has been found out based on the updates rolled out so far?

Thank you

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
that's quite higher firmware revision but lower bootloader version than mine. is the developer preview. what's yout CSC.
View attachment 88831

It's a Honk Kong CSC, he had same numbers as for the revision number and bootloader number when he was on WP8 GDR3 prior updating to WP8.1.1. So for what i can see, he is running WP8.1.1 but with firmare from WP8 GDR3 (according from his screenshots he provided in his previous post), but i might be wrong, i don't know (about his firmware)
Here is his post from back then asking about his FR Number.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/295444-47.htm#post2828995

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Neo,

How do we know that the updates depend on those two factors (CSC and IMEI)?
Is it something that has been found out based on the updates rolled out so far?

Thank you

Based on previous experiences, it is like new158 said, that is depend on CSC and IMEI numbers. But we cannot know in which order they will push the update, only Samsung knows that.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My phone has DBT CSC and PfD. Should I change it to BTU so I may get the firmware update or should I just wait?
neo158 already answer you that, but if you are eager to try and have free time, you could try and see what happens. If nothing happens, you can always go back to DBT :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Based on previous experiences, it is like new158 said, that is depend on CSC and IMEI numbers. But we cannot know in which order they will push the update, only Samsung knows that.

Generally it's from lowest IMEI to highest for one update and then the next update goes highest to lowest e.g. I was among the last to receive WP8.0 GDR3 but among the first to receive the firmware for WP8.1.1, I hope that makes it a bit clearer.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Generally it's from lowest IMEI to highest for one update and then the next update goes highest to lowest e.g. I was among the last to receive WP8.0 GDR3 but among the first to receive the firmware for WP8.1.1, I hope that makes it a bit clearer.
It does :)
For instance, I got the Update 8.1.1 and the firmware at the same time. go figure :)

anon(8721556)

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
neo158 already answer you that, but if you are eager to try and have free time, you could try and see what happens. If nothing happens, you can always go back to DBT :)

You and neo, thx for answering :). I will wait till Christmas and if I then still didn't get it, I will try another csc. My phone storage is as good as full, so it will take long to restore everything. That's why I am doubting 😐

gohaaron

May 29, 2013
Visit site
guys guess what... today i just updated to the latest firmware... all u need to do is change your CSC to NEE or the ones that work... the best thing is after changing the CSC... U DON;T HAVE TO RESET YOUR PHONE! just change the CSC... restart ur phone and then check the updates... then voila! update will automatically download then u install! its so simple! whole process took just less than 10 mins! give it a try!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05