Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Since there is no thread for samsung users expecting the update i decided to start one and hear your opinions on what will the update bring. We already saw how cool new options on Cyan firmware are, so i guess we will get new features too. At the moment, the only feature we know (are there more?) is a new Ativ Camera app which isn't working at the moment. So what do you think? Post your opinions or expectations here.
EDIT: Has anyone received it yet? If you did, let me know to update this post and if not, is there any official release date for it?
Getting 8.1.2 : Check out this wonderful guide written by grozaman here
Getting 8.1.1:
UPDATE: Another firmware update is released for ATO CSC (need confirmation from others) so the version is bumped to 2424.15.3.2. No changes visible (yet).
UPDATE!!: Seems that you don't need to downgrade in order to receive the update :)
UPDATE: This method is getting obsolete as plenty of new CSCs are getting update inlcuding ATO, NEE, DBT, BTU, PHN and TGY. If you still didn't receive update, or have different CSC, check for updates frequently and wait patiently as it is much safer.
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE T899M PLEASE DON'T USE THIS GUIDE AS THIS IS FOR I8750 ONLY!!!!
First, download the files from this link.
The files you need from here are:
SamsungUSBDriver.msi
WP8 SMD binary USB Downloader Ver. 3.47.exe
And finally go to the folder Firmware and then folder GDR2 and locate a file with following filename: I8750XBME1_I8750OXABME1.rar
After download is finished, first, install the SamsungUSBDriver.msi driver(NOTE: Windows 8.1 is known to have problems with driver, so please avoid using it if you can) UPDATE: Here is a fix for that problem
Second, extract files from the rar you downloaded and put them into a new folder on desktop.
Third, run the WP8 SMD binary as administrator.
Fourth, click on the green folder and navigate to the folder you put the extracted files to and select the only file from the list.
Fifth, now click on the orange folder and select the only file that is left in the same folder.
Now MAKE SURE YOU SELECT ATO AS CSC as anything else won't work.
Turn off the phone.
Now turn it on while pressing Volume Up+Camera button. After phone vibrates, release the power button but keep pressing camera+volume up.
Connect the phone to PC now and the WP8 SMD will recognize it. (If it doesn't, try reconnecting phone several times.)
Click the START button and it will start the process.
After the process is finished, the phone will reboot and you will be presented with GDR2.
Now go to Settings>Phone Update and check for updates.
Now you should start getting GDR3 update.
After the update is installed, check for updates again and now you will be offered to install 8.1.1 update.
Good luck! :D
UPDATE: Now you can install the latest PfD update without boot loop problem! Check the tutorial here. Thanks to Dragone for writing the tutorial! :)

Last edited:

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to say this, but I dont expect it brings anything else on top of the OS updates. FW will fix the camera, le bt support etc, but nothing Samsung specific.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to say this, but I dont expect it brings anything else on top of the OS updates. FW will fix the camera, le bt support etc, but nothing Samsung specific.

Yeah i thought about this, but knowing Ativ SE would need new features, we might get them too. If not features, then at least new apps.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Though there isn't a whole lot Samsung is doing at the moment, Cyan mostly has improvements in the camera side, the rest is all Windows Phone 8.1 improvements and a few of their own.

Ativ S is a really good device and the camera app Samsung is soon releasing may have 60 FPS recording and HDR, features tha Windows Phone users have been asking for, since pretty long time.
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Though there isn't a whole lot Samsung is doing at the moment, Cyan mostly has improvements in the camera side, the rest is all Windows Phone 8.1 improvements and a few of their own.

Ativ S is a really good device and the camera app Samsung is soon releasing may have 60 FPS recording and HDR, features tha Windows Phone users have been asking for, since pretty long time.
I would love camera imporvements on Ativ S and native panorama support or at least throught an app (like Nokia has Nokia Panorama app).

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
The Nokia Panorama app isn't the best, I find Microsoft's panorama app much better.

4a6eqeva.png

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Well maybe it is, but still some image editing apps are not good as nokia creative studio (i am talking about apps made by samsung). Nokia creative studio makes just perfect blur and i still didn't find an app doing the same :(
Also if you see the specs of Ativ S, it really reminds of Samsung Galaxy S3 so i guess we could have far more better features than we have now. For example, we could get hand waves to scroll pages using proximity sensor.

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what's the latest firmware? Mine is 2424.13.5.1, running WP 8.1 DP. I would like to know if this is the latest or if I have to change my CSC or something like that. My CSC at the moment is DBT(German)

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Well maybe it is, but still some image editing apps are not good as nokia creative studio (i am talking about apps made by samsung). Nokia creative studio makes just perfect blur and i still didn't find an app doing the same :(
Also if you see the specs of Ativ S, it really reminds of Samsung Galaxy S3 so i guess we could have far more better features than we have now. For example, we could get hand waves to scroll pages using proximity sensor.

Ah, yes. The specifications of a lot of the Windows Phone are outdated however that doesn't really matter because Windows Phone doesn't need very powerful hardware to keep the software running smoothly.

The Ativ SE is currently the Windows Phone device with the best specifications.

The scroll pages using proximity sensor isn't particularly a feature anyone really needs.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Ah, yes. The specifications of a lot of the Windows Phone are outdated however that doesn't really matter because Windows Phone doesn't need very powerful hardware to keep the software running smoothly.

The Ativ SE is currently the Windows Phone device with the best specifications.

The scroll pages using proximity sensor isn't particularly a feature anyone really needs.

That's right, but still, we would have something that Nokia doesn't. We just need something small to make it stand out of Nokia's shadow...

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Since I haven't been using it as my primary about maybe a month ago it hasnt received any app updates & it just sits there checking for updates untill screen times out & upon unlocking the screen it shows it listing the last time it successfully checked for os/device updates. Guess only way to fix that is a factory reset

Elvis7

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I really hope they fix the ringtone changing to default bug, the camera flash on when off and the Bluetooth bugs causing the phone to constant crash and restart!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb