Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

freubel2002

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
The firmware i have got is 2424.13.12.2.
I am from the Netherlands
I am also interested in the update to 8.1 but acording to Samsung it is a move from Microsoft to update to 8.1.

if you want to use BT turn off your wifi and you see it stay working instead of crashing.:smile:

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
The firmware i have got is 2424.13.12.2.
I am from the Netherlands
I am also interested in the update to 8.1 but acording to Samsung it is a move from Microsoft to update to 8.1.
if you want to use BT turn off your wifi and you see it stay working instead of crashing.:smile:

So there is a newer firmware version, what's your CSC? And do you also have the camera flash problem?
The update to 8.1 is from Microsoft, but the accompanying firmware has to be done by Samsung. Although most of the Samsung organisation doesn't seem to know that...

Last edited:

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for asking but what do you mean by CSC This is a term unkown by me.

And i have no problem with the flash so far :smile:
It's an acronym for Country Specific Code, you can check it through Samsung Diagnosis app. If you don't have it, type ##634# in phone application and then when diagnosis appear, type this *#321647335. WARNING: DON'T TOUCH ANY RADIO BOXES AS IT WILL HARD RESET AND YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR DATA!!!

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
It's an acronym for Country Specific Code, you can check it through Samsung Diagnosis app. If you don't have it, type ##634# in phone application and then when diagnosis appear, type this *#321647335. WARNING: DON'T TOUCH ANY RADIO BOXES AS IT WILL HARD RESET AND YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR DATA!!!
There is also a less dangerous code in the diagnostic app: *#1234# will show version information including the default CSC, but without the hazzard of resetting your Phone.

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Actually I tried to change the CSC to ATO and it warned me I had to do a hard reset. I clicked Ok, and It didn't do anything. No changes, and no hard reset. I guess I'll have to do it manually

Elvis7

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I am getting every known bug with my ativ s, Rogers locked. (flash,lag,freezing,phone resetting,ringtone resetting, Bluetooth not working, Bluetooth causing crashes..etc) (even with WiFi off, the bt doesn't work, causes crashes after I hang up calls with headed or phone, no sound in bt, bt refuses to turn on or off at times) so frustrating

PDA -t899mvlcmk2
Phone -na
CSC -t899moyacmk2
Default csc -rwc
Bluetooth sw -1.0
Bluetooth hw -1.0
WiFi sw -0.1
NFC sw -1.34

freubel2002

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
i dial ##634# and i get odyssey 121205 at the top.
Afterwards *#1234# and the following appeared.

PDA -i8750XXCML2
Phone -i8750XXCMI1
CSC -i8750OXXCML2
Default csc -PHN
Bluetooth sw -1.0
Bluetooth hw -1.0
WiFi sw -0.1
NFC sw -1.34

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
What do you think guys, will ATO be the first who gets update this time?
When i wanted to get update to GDR3, cuz my carrier T-Mobile Macedonia got stuck up to GDR2, i changed the resident CSC which was MBM to ATO, and didn't get the GDR3 update right away, then i said myself, since i already hard reset it, before i start to reinstall the apps i have been using and settings, i changed to NEE (which is Nordic, or Swedish to be precise), right after the phone hard rested and put the carrier settings i run the 'Check for update" and ....... there we go, GDR3 was ready to be installed.
So, i am not 100% sure, but i think NEE will get first instead of ATO.
But reading almost every posts here on forums and some other ones, i see that many people with other countries have only few CSC's or just one CSC. On my phone i have 40 different CSC's.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I am getting every known bug with my ativ s, Rogers locked. (flash,lag,freezing,phone resetting,ringtone resetting, Bluetooth not working, Bluetooth causing crashes..etc) (even with WiFi off, the bt doesn't work, causes crashes after I hang up calls with headed or phone, no sound in bt, bt refuses to turn on or off at times) so frustrating

PDA -t899mvlcmk2
Phone -na
CSC -t899moyacmk2
Default csc -rwc
Bluetooth sw -1.0
Bluetooth hw -1.0
WiFi sw -0.1
NFC sw -1.34
Samsung ATIV S Manual Hard Reset
Samsung_ATIV_S_Manual_HardReset.png

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
What there an announcement from Samsung that they would release a firmware update for the Ativ S? Or is everyone just assuming?

They just updated their ATIV camera for Windows 8.1.. And we can't use it because it doens't have the proper firmware. So if they made the app I think its safe to assume that they are making the firmware (testing probably)

anon(5914335)

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
It's Samsung never assume. Because it was mistakenly available to download doesn't mean it was meant for the Ativ S and there will be a firmware update to make it work with the Ativ S.

Elvis7

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Boris but I've done 3 hard resets and after the 3rd one, I lost lte mms capabilities and had to manually enter the data for them to work but my WiFi hotspot gives me an error...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05