Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Did any of you guys receive 12400 update? I just checked and it wasn't there.

I have it, so far no differences seen. Noticed the camera flash bug is only there with horizontal photo's, not with vertical photo's, but that may have been there earlier, explains why the bug seemed to be rather random.

After using it for a day found a payment option in the NFC menu, looks new, and in general scrolling is much smoother.

Last edited:

Every_User_Is_Taken

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.
I have Samsung Ativ S too, and except camera I don't have any other problems with developer preview version.

I read all comments here and I have two questions:
As I said previously, my camera doesn't work, it appears black screen on the display and it closes itself. At first with preview version it worked well but after second update the problem showed up. It is really disappointing to have 8mpx camera but cannot use it. So, the question is: Do you have similar problem with yours Ativ S?

My second question is about firmware version. I saw in the other pages that all of you are having different (and newer too) from mine. Mine is 2424.13.5.1 and I have done it all the updates, four or three in fact. Do you have any solution how to install the newest firmware update? Till yesterday my CSC was MBM and yesterday I changed it to NEE, hard reset my phone and I checked for any updates but unlucky, the device didn't find any updates.

Greetings.

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.
I have Samsung Ativ S too, and except camera I don't have any other problems with developer preview version.

As I said previously, my camera doesn't work, it appears black screen on the display and it closes itself. At first with preview version it worked well but after second update the problem showed up. It is really disappointing to have 8mpx camera but cannot use it. So, the question is: Do you have similar problem with yours Ativ S?

My second question is about firmware version. I saw in the other pages that all of you are having different (and newer too) from mine. Mine is 2424.13.5.1 and I have done it all the updates, four or three in fact. Do you have any solution how to install the newest firmware update? Till yesterday my CSC was MBM and yesterday I changed it to NEE, hard reset my phone and I checked for any updates but unlucky, the device didn't find any updates.

Greetings.
I'm in the exactly same situation as you, so I won't be of any help xD. But I didn't change my CSC because I figured if I had to reset my phone, might as well do it when Windows 8.1 is officially released. I'm guessing that when Samsung releases the firmware it will all even out. I don't think it's really a problem, just play the waiting game

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have it, so far no differences seen. Noticed the camera flash bug is only there with horizontal photo's, not with vertical photo's, but that may have been there earlier, explains why the bug seemed to be rather random.

After using it for a day found a payment option in the NFC menu, looks new, and in general scrolling is much smoother.

The Tap to Pay option just needs a Secure SIM to enable it, O2-UK should have them by the end of this month.

Every_User_Is_Taken

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the exactly same situation as you, so I won't be of any help xD. But I didn't change my CSC because I figured if I had to reset my phone, might as well do it when Windows 8.1 is officially released. I'm guessing that when Samsung releases the firmware it will all even out. I don't think it's really a problem, just play the waiting game
Naaah, you can be too much help :D
You have exactly the same firmware version even you have updated every update?
If YES I can hope for my camera without giving the phone on service. :)

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Naaah, you can be too much help :D
You have exactly the same firmware version even you have updated every update?
If YES I can hope for my camera without giving the phone on service. :)
YES. And my phone says "up to date". When my "camera screen" goes black I turn off the phone and turn it on again and it starts working again. Sometimes it's annoying when I want to take more pictures but it's not that big of a deal and it should be fixed with the next firmware (I'm hoping). I also have a problema with the ringtone if I set a custom one. Whenever I reset my phone the ringtone goes to default. Again, just annoying to change it everytime I turn on my phone, but it's ok.

Every_User_Is_Taken

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
YES. And my phone says "up to date". When my "camera screen" goes black I turn off the phone and turn it on again and it starts working again. Sometimes it's annoying when I want to take more pictures but it's not that big of a deal and it should be fixed with the next firmware (I'm hoping). I also have a problema with the ringtone if I set a custom one. Whenever I reset my phone the ringtone goes to default. Again, just annoying to change it everytime I turn on my phone, but it's ok.
Аbout camera problem - mine is not working at all. When I click on camera icon it opens for a while and closes itself. If I try again it will stay open with all the options (Video, burst and photo) but the display is black.

What the hell is happening with this model?!

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Аbout camera problem - mine is not working at all. When I click on camera icon it opens for a while and closes itself. If I try again it will stay open with all the options (Video, burst and photo) but the display is black.

That's much worse than mine. I never had that problem. My camera never closes itself, just goes black sometimes

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

After I record a video my camera behaves like yours, but a soft reset (volume down and power switch for > 10 seconds) restores it again. Only this soft reset sometimes causes a scan of the SDcard, but after that's done the SDcard is OK again.
I wonder if there are more people that have the flash after a horizontal photo and not after a vertical photo? Typically a firmware problem, the position sensor having influence on the flash.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.

Greetings.
I see your CSC is MBM which is T-Mobile Macedonia, so I guess you are Macedonian citizen right? If so, I am too, but just for the matter of the forum I will write you in english.
1. Thats a known bug in the developer preview of WP8.1, so that will be fixed in the firmware by Samsung when WP8.1 for all devices is official (for now its only for the Nokia devices), so even when you hard reseted, the camera bug didn't go away, that means you have to wait for the Samsung firmware, not much you can do about that at this time. This bug is not on all devices, but it's rather like "some got it, some don't". Some people reported the camera bug in the first update and then fix it with the second (or third) and some like you didn't had problem with the first update but with the second (or third) they occurs the known cam bug, so I guess it's just your "luck" :)
2. The numbers you wrote 2424.13.5.1 are numbers from Firmware revision number, and those are numbers from the firmware of WP8 GDR2. So this practically means you run a WP8.1 DP on a firmware from WP8 GDR2. There is your cam problem. Let me explain you a bit better. I think that since you were on MBM CSC (which i previously said is a T-Mobile Macedonia CSC) you got updates for your ATIV S up to GDR2 (GDR3 was not allowed/supported by T-Mobile MK). I got it the same up to GDR2 with MBM CSC. You change your MBM CSC to NEE and you didn't recieve the GDR3, which is strange, cuz when I changed from MBM to NEE, the phone hard reseted and right after that I connected the phone to my Wi-Fi and it notified me instantly that updates are available, and that's how I got the GDR3 (Firmware Revision Number got to: 2424.13.11.2, which is the Samsung's firmware for GDR3). What you needed to do when you switch to NEE is to wait an hour or two or maybe day or two. Eventually the updates would be available for you. But I guess you didn't wait and when the WP8.1 DP start rolling you go right up from WP8 GDR2 to WP8.1 Developers Preview and you got the bug that you are having now. But don't worry, that will all be fixed once the Samsung make their own firmware for WP8.1.

Last edited:

Every_User_Is_Taken

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site

I see your CSC is MBM which is T-Mobile Macedonia, so I guess you are Macedonian citizen right? If so, I am too, but just for the matter of the forum I will write you in english.
1. Thats a known bug in the developer preview of WP8.1, so that will be fixed in the firmware by Samsung when WP8.1 for all devices is official (for now its only for the Nokia devices), so even when you hard reseted, the camera bug didn't go away, that means you have to wait for the Samsung firmware, not much you can do about that at this time. This bug is not on all devices, but it's rather like "some got it, some don't". Some people reported the camera bug in the first update and then fix it with the second (or third) and some like you didn't had problem with the first update but with the second (or third) they occurs the known cam bug, so I guess it's just your "luck" :)
2. The numbers you wrote 2424.13.5.1 are numbers from Firmware revision number, and those are numbers from the firmware of WP8 GDR2. So this practically means you run a WP8.1 DP on a firmware from WP8 GDR2. There is your cam problem. Let me explain you a bit better. I think that since you were on MBM CSC (which i previously said is a T-Mobile Macedonia CSC) you got updates for your ATIV S up to GDR2 (GDR3 was not allowed/supported by T-Mobile MK). I got it the same up to GDR2 with MBM CSC. You change your MBM CSC to NEE and you didn't recieve the GDR3, which is strange, cuz when I changed from MBM to NEE, the phone hard reseted and right after that I connected the phone to my Wi-Fi and it notified me instantly that updates are available, and that's how I got the GDR3 (Firmware Revision Number got to: 2424.13.11.2, which is the Samsung's firmware for GDR3). What you needed to do when you switch to NEE is to wait an hour or two or maybe day or two. Eventually the updates would be available for you. But I guess you didn't wait and when the WP8.1 DP start rolling you go right up from WP8 GDR2 to WP8.1 Developers Preview and you got the bug that you are having now. But don't worry, that will all be fixed once the Samsung make their own firmware for WP8.1.
Yes, I am from Macedonia too. :)

It is a little awkward when the exactly same model has not same issues. I have a friend who has Ativ S too and he does not have this problem. That is why I decide to ask here. Also I have to mention that I did not have problem when I turned the camera options to Photo - Video - Photo goes black screen, as I read on other forums when users of Ativ S had it.

Now I see what is the problem. When I bought the phone I updated to GDR2 but I had no idea for these firmwares. After a month, when WP8.1 Developer Preview was released I installed it (with GDR2). I did not change my CSC till before 3-4 days, when I saw here that my firmware is different than yours, then I changed it, I hoped for solution of the cam. So, with installed 8.1. Developer Preview and with NEE CSC my phone did not find any updates - Is that possible? Is 8.1 Developer Preview might be a problem for that?

Is there any possibility to install the newest firmware while I am having DP version? Or once I installed I have to wait till official 8.1.
^This part is not very clear and understandable to me.

Regards.

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site

It is a little awkward when the exactly same model has not same issues. I have a friend who has Ativ S too and he does not have this problem. That is why I decide to ask here. Also I have to mention that I did not have problem when I turned the camera options to Photo - Video - Photo goes black screen, as I read on other forums when users of Ativ S had it.

Now I see what is the problem. When I bought the phone I updated to GDR2 but I had no idea for these firmwares. After a month, when WP8.1 Developer Preview was released I installed it (with GDR2). I did not change my CSC till before 3-4 days, when I saw here that my firmware is different than yours, then I changed it, I hoped for solution of the cam. So, with installed 8.1. Developer Preview and with NEE CSC my phone did not find any updates - Is that possible? Is 8.1 Developer Preview might be a problem for that?

Is there any possibility to install the newest firmware while I am having DP version? Or once I installed I have to wait till official 8.1.

Regards.
I guess I'm in the same situation. But my CSC is DBT (german). But my firmware is the same as yours, i guess I had GDR2. I hope it will not be a problema when 8.1 comes out

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

Regards.
Keep the NEE CSC, thats Nordic (Sweden) CSC, I have my CSC set to NEE and leave it with that. Since NEE got the GDR3, it's very possible to get the official WP8.1 first than on our MBM.
WP8.1 DP is a generic MS version of the final WP8.1. It will be full and final and official once the OEM's make and took advantage of that and make their own firmwares so their phones can run the best with the phone. In this situation we wait for the Samsung firmware. So, what you have now is the same what OEM's got from MS, so until you get the Samsung firmware, it will be "Developers Preview", once you got the Samsung firmware as all phones with WP8 GDR3, your "Developer Preview" will turn to OFFICIAL WP8.1. That "Developer Preview" in the Settings>About will disappear :). And then you will have the latest official WP8.1 with the latest firmware from Samsung that will support it the best it can.

P.S. I forgot to answer you about this:
"So, with installed 8.1. Developer Preview and with NEE CSC my phone did not find any updates - Is that possible? Is 8.1 Developer Preview might be a problem for that? "
The trick with NEE is when you want to get the GDR3 from GDR2 (That's for WP8). But since you are on WP8.1 DP, that doesn't count, so you have to wait what i told you above :)

Last edited:

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
P.S. I forgot to answer you about this:
"So, with installed 8.1. Developer Preview and with NEE CSC my phone did not find any updates - Is that possible? Is 8.1 Developer Preview might be a problem for that? "
The trick with NEE is when you want to get the GDR3 from GDR2 (That's for WP8). But since you are on WP8.1 DP, that doesn't count, so you have to wait what i told you above :)

Unless he flashes back to GDR2 and updates from there again :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)