Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
honestly i don't agree. Why it should reboot with low signal? For me it's a bug

Nope, not a bug as the GS3 which the ATIV S is based on also does it. The reason for it is to see if it can get a signal after a reboot and, presumably, to prevent overheating and excessive battery drain while looking for a signal.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Nope, not a bug as the GS3 which the ATIV S is based on also does it. The reason for it is to see if it can get a signal after a reboot and, presumably, to prevent overheating and excessive battery drain while looking for a signal.
That makes perfect sense. The only time my Ativ reboots is occasionally backing out of my driveway. There is a place where my wifi goes out and the tower signal is bad. Learn something every day. :)

faizil

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Its new year 2015, but Malaysia with XME CSC still not getting any damn updates (currently on GDR2)...Samsung not abandoning us rite?

Dario Sacchi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys I'm back 😊. I spent more than two months using the official 8.1.1 with more satisfaction and any kind of bugs. Yesterday the temptation of trying something new was too big so I signed back in preview for developers. Now my so is 8.10.14203.306 firmware 2424.14.9.3, everything works fine the only feature I find is the battery percentage on the tile and the hours sets for updates installation. I tried Cortana alpha in Italian with my wife's L520, cool.....now hope for my ativ s, an unknown phone for several people but loved by owners!

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys I'm back ��. I spent more than two months using the official 8.1.1 with more satisfaction and any kind of bugs. Yesterday the temptation of trying something new was too big so I signed back in preview for developers. Now my so is 8.10.14203.306 firmware 2424.14.9.3, everything works fine the only feature I find is the battery percentage on the tile and the hours sets for updates installation. I tried Cortana alpha in Italian with my wife's L520, cool.....now hope for my ativ s, an unknown phone for several people but loved by owners!

Good work Dario. I like the last words of your post "an unknown phone for several people, but loved by the owners" :)

anon(8721556)

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
They removed the update. No Cortana for us, since we are ugly Sammy users. Well at least untill a fix is ready.

What do you exactly mean? Can no one install wp8.1.1. anymore? I wanted the flash my phone to get the official update, but if it's not certain that i'll get the update, i will just wait.

And when I revert back, do i have to revert to gdr2 or gdr3? And is the cellular problem/bug solved? I dont know my APN information, so i wont be able to fix it.

Phone info:
On PfD
Software: 8.10.14203.306
Firmware: 2424.13.5.1
CSC: DBT

Snomii

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I have Cortana and have it enabled (I'm on UK region though). I must say it's very nice to use it. I sometimes enable some activities based on location. And I don't see Cortana using up much more battery than without Cortana (actually, can't seem to notice any difference).

momonedusa

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
just one curiosity?
i'm the only one hating the new screenshot buttons combination?
o always make a screnshot even if i don't want... It seems that it's not necessary the keys are pressed at the same time for enough time...

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
just one curiosity?
i'm the only one hating the new screenshot buttons combination?
o always make a screnshot even if i don't want... It seems that it's not necessary the keys are pressed at the same time for enough time...

Nope, you are not, There are many of us hating the new screenshot combination, lol

Stefan Ilchev

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Its really terrible. Sometimes i just grab my phone to lock it an i make a screenshot. But from a while i use lock screen program for lock the phone and i unlock it from the hardware button

BTW any rumors about new update ?Did anyone hear something ?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Its really terrible. Sometimes i just grab my phone to lock it an i make a screenshot. But from a while i use lock screen program for lock the phone and i unlock it from the hardware button

BTW any rumors about new update ?Did anyone hear something ?
Stefan, I feel your pain bro. I use the payed app Lock Screen and I rarely touch the power button, I wake the phone from the start button (the one in the middle).
About the new update, which one exactly? All here that we got the update are already on the latest WP8.1.1, I guess we will not see WP8.1 GDR2, cuz it seems that we gonna go straight to Windows 10 mobile. :)

kevcole1

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi Boris,

Is that how you read it. All windows phones including Samsung Ativ S to be updated/upgraded to windows 10 phone? Or only Microsoft branded phones or the latest phones on the market?

I wonder if the specs on our Ativ S would be good enough for that to happen. It is a great phone but it is now 2-3 years old now...sadly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos