Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
What the hell of an answer is this ? I assume you know somebody owning an Ativ S with the 8.10.14219.341 (or major) os version before answering this way.
I say something because I am confident of something. There was no report of successfull update, I even made a poll. Can you prove otherwise ?

​The Alpha version of Cortana for Italy is in that update, that's fact. Whether the update was pulled for the ATIV S or not nothing changes that fact, does it!!!!

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
​The Alpha version of Cortana for Italy is in that update, that's fact. Whether the update was pulled for the ATIV S or not nothing changes that fact, does it!!!!

So you choose by your own what's the most relevant thing between first statement (the Alpha Italian Cortana is inside some screwing device pulled out update) and the latter statement (the update was indeed pulled out).
You even choose what can and what cannot change something you consider a fact.
Nice.

Lemme tell you another fact : this argument is over :)

Mirakle

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Aha. XXDNI4 is nowhere to be found! :cool:
Edit: 2 possibilities:
- You got a flashable rom from sammy
- OTA update has been unlocked for SER CRC

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So you choose by your own what's the most relevant thing between first statement (the Alpha Italian Cortana is inside some screwing device pulled out update) and the latter statement (the update was indeed pulled out).
You even choose what can and what cannot change something you consider a fact.
Nice.

Lemme tell you another fact : this argument is over :)

WTF are you on about, I'll break it down for you:

1. Cortana Alpha for Italy is in the 341 update, that's a fact that can't be disputed.
2. The 341 update was pulled for the ATIV S only, that's also a fact that can't be disputed.

Number 2 doesn't negate the fact that Number 1 is correct. What you're saying is that because said update isn't out for the ATIV S therefore Cortana Alpha for Italy doesn't exist!!!

Oh and this argument is over when I say it's over!!!!

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
WTF are you on about, I'll break it down for you:

1. Cortana Alpha for Italy is in the 341 update, that's a fact that can't be disputed.
2. The 341 update was pulled for the ATIV S only, that's also a fact that can't be disputed.

Number 2 doesn't negate the fact that Number 1 is correct. What you're saying is that because said update isn't out for the ATIV S therefore Cortana Alpha for Italy doesn't exist!!!

Oh and this argument is over when I say it's over!!!!
Ok, you two need to chill out a bit, we don't want admins again on this thread to maintain, right? Smoke some sh!t and have some beer :)

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Aha. XXDNI4 is nowhere to be found! :cool:

Edit: 2 possibilities:

- You got a flashable rom from sammy

- OTA update has been unlocked for SER CRC

If i chance my carrier with SamWP8Tools from 000-AT (ato) to 000-SE, will I be able to receive that update? I noticed that bootloader has a different numer

Mirakle

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I've clicked the link and from there, it's hard to understand how to update to the latest version, and if the reboot issue is still there (even using the browser translate function :)
I found some references to unterop-unlock, registry edit, related to Wolf's work, but not specifically targeted at DNI4.

My question is: what version of the ROM do I need to flash and which CRC to use to be able to update to latest version 14219.341 with correct firmware (and not 14203.306 with update locked, even pfd)?

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Boris, I got them too in WP8. But sadly they don't work in WP8
Check here

Does it work for you in WP8.1

Actually it does work. I see on that thread that people have problems with opening the APN settings section, actually they cannot open it to edit inside after the update, but for me there is no problems. I am on WP8.1.1, I made a screenshot.
I resize the image (3 in 1) down.
APN.png

Mirakle

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello! Sorry to bother you again guys, but I can't find any tutorial on how to flash and update ativ s to the latest version (with Cortana) and without boot loop.
Would you please help me?

"I've clicked the link and from there, it's hard to understand how to update to the latest version, and if the reboot issue is still there (even using the browser translate function :)
I found some references to unterop-unlock, registry edit, related to Wolf's work, but not specifically targeted at DNI4.

My question is: what version of the ROM do I need to flash and which CRC to use to be able to update to latest version 14219.341 with correct firmware (and not 14203.306 with update locked, even pfd)?"

Gogo111

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, i'm new from Italy. As most of you, i have the Ativ-s waiting for Cortana Alpha.
At this time i have:
CSC Ato, SO 8.10.14203.306, Firmware 2424.14.9.3, Tim operator and smartphone works perfectly.
I know for sure that someone, reading in italian Samsung forum, have the Ativ S with running Cortana Apha and i hope share this info in this thread help us to find a solution for all of us cause I suspect, Samsung (or Microsoft) do not.
The working Cortana Apha Ativ S have : SO 8.10.14219.341, firmware 2424.13.11.2, operator and brand H3g, unfortunately i don't know CSC, the update was made with preview for developers activated... could this help us?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077