Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, i'm new from Italy. As most of you, i have the Ativ-s waiting for Cortana Alpha.
At this time i have:
CSC Ato, SO 8.10.14203.306, Firmware 2424.14.9.3, Tim operator and smartphone works perfectly.
I know for sure that someone, reading in italian Samsung forum, have the Ativ S with running Cortana Apha and i hope share this info in this thread help us to find a solution for all of us cause I suspect, Samsung (or Microsoft) do not.
The working Cortana Apha Ativ S have : SO 8.10.14219.341, firmware 2424.13.11.2, operator and brand H3g, unfortunately i don't know CSC, the update was made with preview for developers activated... could this help us?
Yes it could, for Italian users. But try to find out from that guy on which CSC he is. The more information, the better :)

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, i'm new from Italy. As most of you, i have the Ativ-s waiting for Cortana Alpha.
At this time i have:
CSC Ato, SO 8.10.14203.306, Firmware 2424.14.9.3, Tim operator and smartphone works perfectly.
I know for sure that someone, reading in italian Samsung forum, have the Ativ S with running Cortana Apha and i hope share this info in this thread help us to find a solution for all of us cause I suspect, Samsung (or Microsoft) do not.
The working Cortana Apha Ativ S have : SO 8.10.14219.341, firmware 2424.13.11.2, operator and brand H3g, unfortunately i don't know CSC, the update was made with preview for developers activated... could this help us?

I don't know if this is the thread you are following/reading but I do follow Plaffo forums too. Anyway they report the OS version and firmware version you mentioned (please notice the lower firmware version, that is the firmware before Update 1 and Update 1 went live, in production, a bunch of weeks before the Cortana update), yet they also say that Microsoft has removed the update. For the ones who didn't update from the start (fearing the loop bug) the update simply disappeared, without changing CSC or anything else. They lastly say that Microsoft started working on this issue to release the update for Ativ-S only in mid January (unconfirmed source I as far as I read).

Last edited:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Apn I was talking about is in the Samsung Zone, so its a Samsung sys app for ativ s probably and its for devices with 8.1. I did install it and its working on my ATIV S with 8.1.1. I did post screenshots few posts above. :)

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Be careful with saying it is for WP8.1
In the app store it says for WP8 and WP8.1
And on both OS the update were pushed.
But it only works in WP8.1
It crashes in WP8.0, before it worked fine, just like the screens of Boris shows.

Samsung messed it up once again!!!

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Be careful with saying it is for WP8.1
In the app store it says for WP8 and WP8.1
And on both OS the update were pushed.
But it only works in WP8.1
It crashes in WP8.0, before it worked fine, just like the screens of Boris shows.

Samsung messed it up once again!!!
I know, that's why I said its for wp8.1 only, cuz I see reports saying it doesn't work on wp8 :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
This is very cool, i hope to see this phone in the first wave of technical preview rollout as a gift from MS to Samsung :p

I am not putting W10 TP on my ATIV S, I just love it too much with the WP8.1.1 on it now. :)
Can't put it on my Lumia 930 either (cuz it's a work phone, duhh, LOL)
But I might try it on my super cute neon green Lumia 630. But then I can't report here on my favorite thread, have to go in Lumia threads :)

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I am not putting W10 TP on my ATIV S, I just love it too much with the WP8.1.1 on it now. :)
But I might try it on my super cute neon green Lumia 630. But then I can't report here on my favorite thread, have to go in Lumia threads :)
Lol you really seem to like windows phone :D Well you can just inform us how it gone here :p

garion86

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Just one question: I really like wp Experience (and Windows 8.1 top, i'm a surface pro happy owner), but I really want to know if with wp10 I'd allowed to attached pdf (or other) files via outlook...
Do you know that? And , if you'll try wp10 on Nokia 630, can you try this for me and give me an answer? I really appreciate that :D

dudungbr

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi, i try to download but he link of main thread is broken...
....disk.yandex.ru/public/?hash=Lls0Szojb3PhvtAa5v01UI5Sv3ogkMx%2BycwSplwl%2BDA%3D

Anyone ha news from windows 10 on ativ s? any date?

thx a lot :D

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i try to download but he link of main thread is broken...
....disk.yandex.ru/public/?hash=Lls0Szojb3PhvtAa5v01UI5Sv3ogkMx%2BycwSplwl%2BDA%3D

Anyone ha news from windows 10 on ativ s? any date?

thx a lot :D
- For the Samsung USB Driver hit the link bellow (it will automatically start the download from Samsung)
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201301/20130130174546863/SamsungUSBDriver.msi

- For WP8 SMD binary USB Downloader Ver. 3.47.exe, click the link bellow:
https://mega.co.nz/#!udsSELBZ!qVzUCVLBI-OYwtn1Bo8d1iCkjjHVhmbB3Uuho9MnZb8

- For the ROM you need, click this link bellow (maybe it's not the same as in the opening post, but i see on some other forum people using it as this one here)
anaheiim's Space - I8750XXBME1_I8750OXABME1_R_SIGNED.rar - Tweaks Paradise

About the news when W10 will come to ATIV S, i think if you follow WC daily, it will be mention on the Front Page tho, right? :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb