Is it start of hardware problem? Lumia 925

Anant Anand

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday my screen went complete off.... On pressing power button only three soft key area would light up but start/lock screen will remain off /blank... After few minutes by holding power and volume down button I could solve problem... But what could be problem? I noticed it heats up too much these days... Running 8.1... Help.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
running windows phone 8.1 without a proper firmware is the problem. Your phone lacks a firmware update (cyan update ) and such issues are common with windows phone 8.1 If you are not ready to tackle such bugs , its better to downgrade it to windows 8.0 via nokia recovery tool and wait for the update :wink:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Seen a few posts about this problem recently.

I was wondering if the phone is incorrectly detecting the available battery charge and mistakenly shutting itself off.
Some time ago my 925 started telling me the battery was in a critical state even though I knew it had a sufficient charge.

I did hard reset the phone for another problem and never let the battery sense feature in DP8.1 run in the background again.

I went back to using Insider/Insider Pro to track battery use and have never seen any blackout or other incorrect charge state since.

Just thinking aloud here...
I'm not sure why the phone would go dark other than having a very low battery.

MsKayce

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I really like my phone but it is completely unresponsive right now. Is my only option is to get a new one? :( I went to TWO Att and they said it might be a hardware problem, not a software. A part of me thinks they don't know what they're talking about either. Hmm.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I really like my phone but it is completely unresponsive right now. Is my only option is to get a new one? :( I went to TWO Att and they said it might be a hardware problem, not a software. A part of me thinks they don't know what they're talking about either. Hmm.

Hold down the power and volume down keys for 10-15 seconds until it vibrates. It'll come back up (soft reset, similar to pulling the battery). If you're on 8.1 with Black, it's a known issue, and will be resolved by either rolling back to 8.0/Black or waiting for 8.1/Cyan. And you're right, the ATT sales reps really don't know much about the devices they sell...

mayur777

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
i am also facing same problem.
Screen went off sometimes that time i have only 1 option is to do soft reset.
can anyone have other solutions.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
i am also facing same problem.
Screen went off sometimes that time i have only 1 option is to do soft reset.
can anyone have other solutions.

The only solutions were already listed. Roll it back to 8.0, or wait for Cyan firmware to become available.

Jigar Patel9

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I am not able to reboot my lumia 925. Nokia care is saying hardware problem. all key combinations tried for hard and soft reboot. but no success. can any one help to start my phone? before went off, phone used to hang frequently for last one week.

arun ts

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
same for me too.....am really coming forward for the same....if nothing working out for me.....den i will do level best to depromote the brand sureee

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)