Lumia 930 overheating!

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
It will probably get hot, the 930 is the most flawed in build aspect. It gets very hot in watching 1080p videos and IE. Just launch Tubecast or mytube and you will see. It shouldn't be this way, if you get an S5 or iPhone 6, those phones will stay cool.
Also if you are using it while it's charging it will definitely get extremely hot in youtube full hd videos. Whoever says different, I dare him to post a clip on youtube with thermometer attached to the low right corner, while the phone is charging and set to play from youtube a video on 1080p. You will see the degrees going up and up and up...until it burns your hand.

I had so many phones to play with and even though this one has high specs it's the worst in build quality. Screen has ghosting issues, purple tint for some people, abnormal white/greys zone for others, overheating low right corner, battery discharging extremely fast....and don't tell me these are isolated issues. There are a ton of threads here about these issues.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
It will probably get hot, the 930 is the most flawed in build aspect. It gets very hot in watching 1080p videos and IE. Just launch Tubecast or mytube and you will see. It shouldn't be this way, if you get an S5 or iPhone 6, those phones will stay cool.
Also if you are using it while it's charging it will definitely get extremely hot in youtube full hd videos. Whoever says different, I dare him to post a clip on youtube with thermometer attached to the low right corner, while the phone is charging and set to play from youtube a video on 1080p. You will see the degrees going up and up and up...until it burns your hand.

I had so many phones to play with and even though this one has high specs it's the worst in build quality. Screen has ghosting issues, purple tint for some people, abnormal white/greys zone for others, overheating low right corner, battery discharging extremely fast....and don't tell me these are isolated issues. There are a ton of threads here about these issues.

It's pretty normal that the phone heats wile charging and you playing with it, especially if you are transmitting data (wifi or mobile data), there's a lot of power going thru the phone components and that generates heat. I don't understand why some people dont get it.

Even when you unplug it, if you are playing or watching videos or movies your phone is transmitting a lot of data and power thru the components and again that generates heat and it have to go some place... like your hands.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
That's total bull****! You know why? Cause I have an HTC 8X that doesn't fry my palm. Also S5 or iPhone 6 don't get that hot.
Please, don't convince people it's ok while it isn't.

Last edited:

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
That's total bull****! You know why? Cause I have an HTC 8X that doesn't fry my palm. Also S5 or iPhone 6 don't get that hot.
Please, don't convince people it's ok while it isn't.

And who said that the 930 fry anything? People complains but anyone did got hurt using it..or how accurate is to say my phone it's a hot potato? there are a lot worst phones than the 930 and if you google it you see a lot of people complaining that iphone 5s and 6 have heating and battery drain problems.

Vlada Nehez

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
All phones have issuies and faulty devices. You're just constantly complaining cause you're probably mostly browsing L930 subforum and reading threads about it. You can also find articles about faulty Samsung or iPhones that actually fried things, melt itself. So if your device is really getting that hot, then it's faulty. You should use your warranty and replace it for a normally functioning unit.
And what I mean by that is that, yes, the device gets warm. Not hot, warm. While on charger, or while it's used for exssessive tasks its normal for a phone to get warm. But it shouldnt get too hot for you to hold it in your hand. And to add, Denim mostly solved that for me. It only gets warm when charging. Other times it's normal.

lethalfriend

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I was LG G3 user, and thing used to get real hot and i mean super hot. But Lumia 930 is nothing compared to G3, it's bearable in any case.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I was LG G3 user, and thing used to get real hot and i mean super hot. But Lumia 930 is nothing compared to G3, it's bearable in any case.

That's funny. My G3 has never been hot, ever.... With even hours of use. But I am no gamer. I only browse the web, use Whatsapp and LINE messengers. I browse tumblr from now and again... But never been hot, let alone warm. My Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 gets warm while playing Hearthstone or charging. But I'd expect nothing less from a tablet.

Vlada Nehez

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
That's funny. My G3 has never been hot, ever.... With even hours of use. But I am no gamer. I only browse the web, use Whatsapp and LINE messengers. I browse tumblr from now and again... But never been hot, let alone warm. My Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 gets warm while playing Hearthstone or charging. But I'd expect nothing less from a tablet.
That's it. Exactly what it's all about. It's not odd for people to have different experiences with the same phone.

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I think if you read this thread fully you'll find there isn't a solution.
If the phone gets too hot there is likely a fault with it.

Or you are using it first time while charging battery.

Usually it stops heating after all installations etc. is done. After all updates and installations are done, it's a good practise to reboot/soft reset the phone. If it still heats up after a couple days of usage it may be faulty.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Or you are using it first time while charging battery.

Usually it stops heating after all installations etc. is done. After all updates and installations are done, it's a good practise to reboot/soft reset the phone. If it still heats up after a couple days of usage it may be faulty.

Oh, then I guess I've got ANOTHER defective 930? Mine got warm after 45 minutes of streaming music, and sending messages nonstop via LINE and Whatsapp. :amaze: It's not bad! But still, on my G3 it didn't get warm like this. But it's not at all uncomfortable... At any point!

Vlada Nehez

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Well if it gets warm it's not defective. All phones get warm. If you can't bear to hold it in your hand how hot it is, then it's defective. :D

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I tried to measure temperatures with thermometer but it's not reliable because I don't want to mess my phone up with heat conducting paste etc. I tried to get it as hot as possible without covering it or subjecting it otherwise hotter than normal temperatures. All in all, it went up to 44 degrees of celsius which actually felt quite hot to the hand but it's nowhere near anything that should be worried about.

The conclusion is while it can feel like it's really heating up it's nowhere near overheating. Aluminium is a great heat conductor so it feels quite hot.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I tried to measure temperatures with thermometer but it's not reliable because I don't want to mess my phone up with heat conducting paste etc. I tried to get it as hot as possible without covering it or subjecting it otherwise hotter than normal temperatures. All in all, it went up to 44 degrees of celsius which actually felt quite hot to the hand but it's nowhere near anything that should be worried about.

The conclusion is while it can feel like it's really heating up it's nowhere near overheating. Aluminium is a great heat conductor so it feels quite hot.
44 degrees and you can still hold it in your hands? does your job implies working with ur palms? otherwise I can't explain how you are not severely discomforted by the very high temperature.

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
44 degrees and you can still hold it in your hands? does your job implies working with ur palms? otherwise I can't explain how you are not severely discomforted by the very high temperature.

That is absolutely the hottest part of the frame. And yes I can hold it easily, it's only 5 to 6 degrees hotter than the body temperature.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
That is absolutely the hottest part of the frame. And yes I can hold it easily, it's only 5 to 6 degrees hotter than the body temperature.
You do realize that your body temperature is inside right? That's you hold you thermometer under your arm or in your mouth. That's not the external temperature that your hands are used to. Your skin likes temperatures like 20 degrees, not 44.

I don't get it, some users tend to go to the world's end to defend their phone even though the bloody thing is hurting them.

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes. But if I put my hands to a water which is exactly 37 degrees celsius, that feels just a little warm. 40 degrees is perfectly fine and 45 is bearable. So, if I hold my phone in my hands and the hottest part being 44 degrees, it doesn't feel that hot. And that being the absolutely hottest that my phone could get. So normally it's a lot less. I had to put my Lumia 930 to charger and record and play 4K videos to achieve that temperature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss