From 920 to 1520

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Just made the switch last week. Holy crap what a difference one (ok maybe 1.5) generations of phone improvements make. The 920 form factor was pretty much perfect for me as it was, but seeing that the 930 aka Icon is a Verizon exclusive made me realize that I can either live with my 920 a few more months with a bad LCD (three vertical lines going down the center argh!), or bite the bullet and find a reasonable deal for an upgrade via ebay without signing up for Next or an extension.

First off, in my shock, the 1020 is selling for more than the 1520 on ebay. I found an ATT 1520 new in box for $299 (white). Yes it doesn't have QI or 32gb, but I really don't give a rat's booty considering it was literally 1/2 of what they're asking for them on Newegg for the international version.

I've been a windows phone user going back to the old Cingular 2125 with Windows Mobile software. Having said that, I do have a couple of questions:

1. What is the little rectangular notch in the screen near the home button?
2. Where the heck are the background apps listed (the ones allowed to run in the background) on 8.1 Dev. Preview?

Thanks for reading!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
That was my upgrade as well... a 920 to a 1520. Personally wouldn't have done it without the 32gb storage, built-in Qi and T-Mobile LTE compatibility but I agree, it's still an upgrade with the AT&T version.

Also, that rectangle isn't just "the" mic, but one of several mics, apparently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa