Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if the price going back up to "normal" instead of free could be a good sign that cyan could be rolling out very very soon...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the price going back up to "normal" instead of free could be a good sign that cyan could be rolling out very very soon...

Verizon usually works those extra subsidy deals with the OEM for a set period of time.

So that agreed upon period likely just ended. Nothing really worth reading into.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Maybe Verizon is waiting for the Windows 9 announcement (maybe a Windows phone 9, or Windows 9 for phone, or what ever the pluck they will be calling it) as they might announce WP9 as well during that...

Too bad we cant get a stream...it is next Tuesday....

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't think we need to speculate anymore. Tcman88 has stated that it's due to exclusivity with the HTC One. The deal was along these lines: Verizon gets the HTC One with Windows for *period of time* before AT&T as long as they wait to release Windows Phone 8.1 on the rest of their WP8 line. That's it.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I went back to 8.1 yesterday so I'm back to relying on this thread and WPC to announce when "Verizon is now rolling out 8.1 on ICON and 928 devices". <----That felt good just typing it. Plus it'll stop me from checking for updates a zillion times a day.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Comical...really? This happens everytime one of the major carriers gets exclusive rights to the intro of a new phone and the timing of OS and/or firmware updates coincides with that new device launch (which always already has the latest greatest updates. You will get the update when they have sold enough HTC One wp's. And not a day sooner. DP anyone?????

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Comical...really? This happens everytime one of the major carriers gets exclusive rights to the intro of a new phone and the timing of OS and/or firmware updates coincides with that new device launch (which always already has the latest greatest updates. You will get the update when they have sold enough HTC One wp's. And not a day sooner. DP anyone?????

As has been talked about a so many times, it's the Cyan part that is the crucial one. Most of us here have the Preview for Developers already (or had it, at least).

Now that MS owns the Lumia line I hope they just start providing the firmware as well...

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
That doesn't explain T-Mobile's lack of Cyan update though. Currently AT&T has it exclusively. Either AT&T is at fault, or both T-Mobile and Verizon are at fault for some reason, or I don't know what.

I honestly don't think we need to speculate anymore. Tcman88 has stated that it's due to exclusivity with the HTC One. The deal was along these lines: Verizon gets the HTC One with Windows for *period of time* before AT&T as long as they wait to release Windows Phone 8.1 on the rest of their WP8 line. That's it.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't explain T-Mobile's lack of Cyan update though. Currently AT&T has it exclusively. Either AT&T is at fault, or both T-Mobile and Verizon are at fault for some reason, or I don't know what.
T-Mobile just doesn't care. Not much more complicated than that. :)

stonetipapps

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait any longer...need to get SensorCore into a new app. I got an Icon so I could test this stuff. I'll just have to do the backup/NSRT route tonight.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait any longer...need to get SensorCore into a new app. I got an Icon so I could test this stuff. I'll just have to do the backup/NSRT route tonight.

Why? SensorCore doesn't work on the Icon until Cyan. I don't understand what you mean.

I want SensorCore badly. Lost my Fitbit yesterday :(, and with SensorCore I can just use the Icon for the tracking instead... Come on Verizon. The 930 has Cyan and now official Update 1.

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Well the good news if Microsoft is going to have the DP bug fixed before Verizon gets their act together, at least none of us will have to roll back

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
It's officially Fall and we still don't have 8.1.

MICROSOFT SAID IN THE SPRING THAT IT WOULD ROLLOUT THROUGH THE SUMMER.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's officially Fall and we still don't have 8.1.

MICROSOFT SAID IN THE SPRING THAT IT WOULD ROLLOUT THROUGH THE SUMMER.

Microsoft never said when the roll out would be completed, it just said that it would roll out in the summer. As for those of us on the US carriers that have not pushed out the update...that is not Microsoft's fault. Also, Verizon is not the only US carrier to not push out the update. T-Mobile, Cricket, and Metro PCS haven't pushed it out either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb