Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhalanxPunx

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft never said when the roll out would be completed, it just said that it would roll out in the summer. As for those of us on the US carriers that have not pushed out the update...that is not Microsoft's fault. Also, Verizon is not the only US carrier to not push out the update. T-Mobile, Cricket, and Metro PCS haven't pushed it out either.

I doubt that it's Microsoft but the carriers as Verizon is notorious for delaying updates, if they even release them at all. Just my opinion though as none of know anything for certain. Only MS and the carriers know for sure.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hopeful? Seriously? If I had javelin skills, I'd throw flaming bags of dog doo at their towers.

BTW... Profile Pic, Why are you smoking on a crackpipe?

That is not a crack pipe. it's a Personal Vaporizer.
The pic is small, so taking a wild guess, looks almost like a Z-Atty Pro (or similar) on a Provari.
Nope I was wrong, it's a mech I think, but can't tell what model or what the atty is.

Mine is a Copper Magma on a Provari Mini.
Vaping a Cool NillaLada. (aka DIYFS Holy Vanilla w/ TFA Koolada).

Last edited:

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site

OvenRash

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
So with the update [hopefully] coming soon, do you guys think it's worth it to just go ahead and install the Developer Preview?

I don't wanna do that if it's not significantly different enough to matter (and then have to roll back just to update back to Cyan).

Neil Hinkle

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
That is not a crack pipe. it's a Personal Vaporizer.
The pic is small, so taking a wild guess, looks almost like a Z-Atty Pro (or similar) on a Provari.
Nope I was wrong, it's a mech I think, but can't tell what model or what the atty is.

Mine is a Copper Magma on a Provari Mini.
Vaping a Cool NillaLada. (aka DIYFS Holy Vanilla w/ TFA Koolada).

It was my Facebook profile pic at the time I registered and it was Halloween. I was the 10th Doctor and that's a sonic screwdriver...

Brenda Smeby

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Does that mean if I roll back to 8.0 I could get Cyan?
I love 8.1 but I may roll back because of BT issues. Xbox music breaks up a lot and I've lost my text messages over Bluetooth even with it checked ON for Cortana :-(

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So with the update [hopefully] coming soon, do you guys think it's worth it to just go ahead and install the Developer Preview?

I don't wanna do that if it's not significantly different enough to matter (and then have to roll back just to update back to Cyan).

There is no evidence at all that the Verizon update is "coming soon" actually, but hopefully it WILL be coming. If we're lucky it'll be with the fix where it doesn't matter if you have Preview or not.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
So with latest news from Joe Belfiore, anyone think the ICON will get CYAN from MS before Verizon or you think he was referring more to the HTC phones?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Other than updates to the present Preview for 8.1, we ICON users will not get anything official until Verizon releases it to us. That means we will have the Preview 8.1 and no Cyan until Verizon gets off it's collective butts, we are stuck where we are.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So with latest news from Joe Belfiore, anyone think the ICON will get CYAN from MS before Verizon or you think he was referring more to the HTC phones?

I think he was referring to the HTC phones only getting the issue fixed so they can get 8.1 Preview. (HTC of course doesn't have Cyan since it's Lumia firmware).

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Other than updates to the present Preview for 8.1, we ICON users will not get anything official until Verizon releases it to us. That means we will have the Preview 8.1 and no Cyan until Verizon gets off it's collective butts, we are stuck where we are.

Correct

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It was my Facebook profile pic at the time I registered and it was Halloween. I was the 10th Doctor and that's a sonic screwdriver...

Chuckle... UK thespians are the best... Also you gotta admire how their telcos are divided. TV providers, Broadband, and mobile providers are segmented entities. Sure there's some overlap, but its wholly segregated.

America....sighs

BTW we're at war with Syria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss