onto my 3rd screen....what are these light leaks??.....sigh :-(

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why this is, but I'm having no luck at all with 1520 screen quality. I've owned half a dozen smart phones over the years (admittedly none with a whopping 6" hd screen like this awesome piece of kit).

I got my phone back in December. About a month after having it I noticed quite a large white patch appear on the screen....when the screen was black it was HUGELY visible but even when it was white it was very visible.

So anyway, I sent it back and they sorted it out. A month later I dropped the phone and shattered the screen....back it went again.

Now, again, I've noticed a small white dot appear on the screen. Its not very big but now that I know its there I can't stop staring at it. And honestly, it appears to be getting bigger.

The best way I can describe it is it looks like a very bright white light "leaking" onto the screen.

So does anyone know what causes this........and is there anything I can do to prevent/avoid it?

teranceo

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
A couple days ago I noticed a bright spot show up on my screen as well. I've attached a couple photos to show what it looks like.
One with a dark background and one with a light background. It's not too noticeable unless there is a flat color surrounding the area the bright spot is on, but when it is noticeable it's pretty distracting. I'm tempted to call Nokia to see if they will repair it.
1520 Bright Spot 1.jpg1520 Bright Spot 2.jpg

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
A couple days ago I noticed a bright spot show up on my screen as well. I've attached a couple photos to show what it looks like.
One with a dark background and one with a light background. It's not too noticeable unless there is a flat color surrounding the area the bright spot is on, but when it is noticeable it's pretty distracting. I'm tempted to call Nokia to see if they will repair it.
View attachment 72484View attachment 72485

Im not sure I see anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro