FOR 925, the Cyan update is just a pure wp8.1 upgrade, There are NO specific new features from Cyan!

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I've had that arrow on WiFi and Mobile data since third update on DP8.1. I still don't have Cyan on my phone so I doubt it came with Cyan. It probably came with last WP8.1 update.

That Arrow, have since Black/GDR3. 'Cause I put a Black Chinese FW long time ago, and show there...
But when I returned to the Brazilian FW, disappeared.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Equalizer now works through the speaker ? The graphic equalizer found under Settings > Audio on non-Cyan devices is limited to just headphone usage. Nokia has finally expanded this to the phone's speaker too, letting users have fine-grained control over music. Update: the EQ does not work through Bluetooth devices.

Dolby Headphone is now Dolby Virtual Surround
? Also under Audio is Dolby Virtual Surround which is explained as "Surround sound enhancement for headphones enabled only for 5.1 audio". Functionally, the two may be the same, but it does add some new features like?

Dolby dialog enhancer ? "Improves the dialog clarity for movies," which is pretty self-explanatory

Brightness Profile ? Users can set the default average brightness for their phone. Unlike the Lumia 630, which has controls for all three levels (low, medium and high), the Lumia 930 has a single slider. My guess is this sets the median, default brightness
Color Profile ? With Lumia Cyan there are now three presets (Standard, Vivid and Cool) in addition to Advanced, which lets the user modify three settings, including color temperature, tint, and color saturation via sliders

Living Images ? Also announced earlier, Nokia's Living Images briefly records a second or two before the photo gets taken. When viewing the image through Nokia Camera or StoryTeller, users can see the image animated, giving life to the memory
USB Settings ? Currently hidden on devices with Preview for Developers, the USB settings are finally enabled with Lumia Cyan, bringing two options for users including "Ask me before using USB data connection" and "Notify me when I connect to a slower charger."

Miracast support ? Found under Settings > Project my screen, certain Lumias are getting full support to wirelessly stream content, or mirror the phone's display on Miracast devices such as PCs and TVs. You can watch my demonstration of this on the Lumia 630

New Camera algorithms ? For the Lumia Icon, Lumia 1520 and Lumia 930, its 20 MP PureView camera is improved. Changes include "much better low-light performance," "better colors," continuous auto-focus, better video quality and improved RAW quality. Continous autofocus works by autofocusing the image when the camera launches (and assuming the user does not use tap to focus). If the user steps back or forward, the camera continually adjusts without the need to manual refocus saving time and removing one extra step.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
OK but why it lacks features like brightness slider, living images (which worked fine till last NC beta update), USB under settings, EQ without headset pluged in?
is this also hardware related? i dont think so... something is fishy about this and i hope that MS didnt f***ed this over because i see a lots of dissapointed people on forums, and they should be.

To be quite honest MS never promised the 925-ers living images (or at least I can't remember this ever being promised)... However the fact that we were able to shoot these pictures (with the simple nokia cam beta hack) was proof that the 925 CAN support that option.. So it's up to MS if they want to release it for the 925.. Keep in mind that even MS needs to make money (lol) so they might keep that option for the newer phones just to push up their sales. I absolutely loved living images for the brief moment that I had it and even my droid friends were somewhat jealous, but I can wait patiently until I buy a new phone with the latest hardware to use it again.. I will miss it tho

praveen9663

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Is your Lumia 925 showing 4G before this update????...In my Lumia 625 it showing highest speed available is 4G after updated to Cyan....

rck1993

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I updated my 925 from DP to Cyan

Equalizer now works through the speaker

its not working, the equalizer as always says "you need to have a compatible audio accessory"

Dolby Headphone is now Dolby Virtual Surround

it still says "Dolby Headphone"

Brightness Profile

I dont see a slider

Miracast support

It still says cannot project your screen with a wireless connection

and also no USB settings in the settings menu :(

Milivoj Cosic

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi ppl...
Just updated my 925 to cyan, and one thing I just cant get over was instant msging that has been taken out...
I chat a lot over instant as well as sms and the removal of that feature is mind boggling to me...
Is there a way to revert back off cyan to amber of whatever it was...

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
to roll back... you can use nokia software recovery tool... But coming from WP8.. you have a lot of new features... (action center, 3 tile suport, background images,....,......) why do you wanna roll back?
Instant messaging was taken out, since dedicated facebook messenger app is now available...!

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
to roll back... you can use nokia software recovery tool... But coming from WP8.. you have a lot of new features... (action center, 3 tile suport, background images,....,......) why do you wanna roll back?
Instant messaging was taken out, since dedicated facebook messenger app is now available...!

The problem is Messenger is slow....

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi ppl...
Just updated my 925 to cyan, and one thing I just cant get over was instant msging that has been taken out...
I chat a lot over instant as well as sms and the removal of that feature is mind boggling to me...
Is there a way to revert back off cyan to amber of whatever it was...

Thats because FB has changed their rules. They have separated both their app and messenger on all platforms so this had nothing to do with Microsoft.

naveenow

Banned
May 29, 2014
Visit site
FOR 925, the Cyan update is just a pure wp8.1 upgrade, what specific new features are there?

Hi guys, I just got my update from German Vodafone 32GB special edition. But after reading WPCentral post, I realized all the specific feature from the Cyan is fro newer device like 930 or 1520, there are none that is specific to us?

Am I right?

YES YOU ARE RIGHT, nothing new for Nokia Lumia 925

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
No battery improvements for me... updated from DP8.1.. Initially i though there was marginal improvement.. but after 48hrs... again the battery drain is pretty much same...

skshandilya

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi all
The folks who got most of features in cyan working, Please post the screenshot showing versions of individual components on extras+info screen.
thanks

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Did anybody get the new "bright green" accent color??
I am also wondering that, I've just spotted that new color on a 930 running Cyan and am wonderin if this is a general Cyan feature or 930 exclusive. I fear the latter, considering the 925 got nothing new compared to DP.

nizam ak

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
8.1 seems to be doing its job well but the new creative studio seems to heat the phone rather quickly .overall the phone behaves well ( gud batt,less heat)but I do miss the Google search page launch instead of Bing frm the dedicated search key

Sosinondodrore

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Brightness Profile ? Users can set the default average brightness for their phone. Unlike the Lumia 630, which has controls for all three levels (low, medium and high), the Lumia 930 has a single slider. My guess is this sets the median, default brightness
Color Profile ? With Lumia Cyan there are now three presets (Standard, Vivid and Cool) in addition to Advanced, which lets the user modify three settings, including color temperature, tint, and color saturation via slider.

930 also has three sliders.. Just change the brightness to Low/Medium/High and the other three sliders will show.. When it is set to automatic you can adjust the median as you said..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo