My experience with Nokia Lumia 925 after one year.

apssays

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, one year ago, on the very same date I had my second Lumia phone but this time it was one of the premium windows phone available in the market . I had many expectations in my eyes with the new 'Windows Phone 8' and ofcourse with my 'NOKIA LUMIA 925'. Was it able to stand up to my expectations? Lets know .
I had Lumia 920 in my mind , but when I saw 925, I lost my heart on it. It was slimmer, metallic and Very sexy. Even today when I take it out of my pocket , people compliment it and want to see it . Now few days had passed I started experiencing that its "battery backup was going significantly down day by day" . Then I did hard reset and it started performing ok but not well.
I also noticed that top right corner of my phone at the back gets heated up very easily . This is the problem persists even today . But that doesn't bother me much as I found it was normal in 1GB Ram windows phone.
However I never found my phone hanged up or stuck. User interface is clean fast and simple. One of the best part of choosing nokia over other brands in #Windows Phone is its Lumia exclusive apps. I just live them. I am very much obsessed with its 8.7 MP camera , which is a beast in night mode . No phone stands nearer to it . It is a monster . I proudly can take on anyone with my Lumia in camera and speed section . The quality service of Microsoft and Nokia has satisfied me and I can say , Yes, It is upto my expectation but still I think there is a a huge room for improvement like USB OTG support(still not mentioned in wp8.1), many quick settings in action centre are not one tap changeable, Support for more payment options in India, lack of presence of Xbox and bing services in India which prevents users to use them etc are the mood off stuffs.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, one year ago, on the very same date I had my second Lumia phone but this time it was one of the premium windows phone available in the market . I had many expectations in my eyes with the new 'Windows Phone 8' and ofcourse with my 'NOKIA LUMIA 925'. Was it able to stand up to my expectations? Lets know .
I had Lumia 920 in my mind , but when I saw 925, I lost my heart on it. It was slimmer, metallic and Very sexy. Even today when I take it out of my pocket , people compliment it and want to see it . Now few days had passed I started experiencing that its "battery backup was going significantly down day by day" . Then I did hard reset and it started performing ok but not well.
I also noticed that top right corner of my phone at the back gets heated up very easily . This is the problem persists even today . But that doesn't bother me much as I found it was normal in 1GB Ram windows phone.
However I never found my phone hanged up or stuck. User interface is clean fast and simple. One of the best part of choosing nokia over other brands in #Windows Phone is its Lumia exclusive apps. I just live them. I am very much obsessed with its 8.7 MP camera , which is a beast in night mode . No phone stands nearer to it . It is a monster . I proudly can take on anyone with my Lumia in camera and speed section . The quality service of Microsoft and Nokia has satisfied me and I can say , Yes, It is upto my expectation but still I think there is a a huge room for improvement like USB OTG support(still not mentioned in wp8.1), many quick settings in action centre are not one tap changeable, Support for more payment options in India, lack of presence of Xbox and bing services in India which prevents users to use them etc are the mood off stuffs.

Heating up is a common problem for almost all phones, don't worry too much about it.

Lloydbm4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I love the L925 but sadly the battery is really **** poor.
Sent from Seattle using Tapatalk
No complaints with battery life here running 8.1 Dev preview. I leave BT on all the time, glance screen is set for peek, double tap to wake is always on and screen is always at medium brightness. These stats are pretty good:
wp_ss_20140725_0001.jpg

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Wow! I have a L925 and I love it. Every time I take a picture I get reminded that Apple and Samsung are just 2nd best. Mind you Apple's camera is very good too - its fast, natural colors and sharp but when it gets dark it falters and this is where L925 shines. L925 takes good photos at day time and #$%D good pictures in low light -- it simply is Amazing. I really don't mind the app gap because I'm not an app person. I barely play games too. I just want to surf the Internet, take pictures/videos, email here and there. I found WP8.1 to be sleek and easy to use. I have an iPhone given by my company but I always use my L925 90% of the time. Its battery may not be the best but no problem coz I always have a power bank at hand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6