Sent a mail to HTC Support and this was their reply.

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It took them too long to improve Windows Phone OS... I am buying an iPhone 6 in September if they make me wait that long.

mrquidinh

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I sent a mail to HTC support requesting for information of when WP8.1 update will be available for HTC 8X and following was their reply:

"We understand how important it is for you to have your phone upgraded to the latest available operating system in the market. Our goal is to give every customer the best possible experience on every phone. We only update our phones if it will provide an overall improved user experience as we balance features performance and usability. As of now Windows 8.1 update is not schedule to be launched for HTC Windows Phone 8X."

I have replied back to them requesting for a specific timeline. Hope to get a positive answer from them!

Good bye htc

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I also sent an email to htc Ireland and this is there reply.

Thank you Michael for the Email, HTC will release the 8.1 update to the 8X devices soon (probably in the next couple of weeks) our support team still doesn't have confirmation regarding the specific date so I can only suggest to keep in touch with us via FB/ Email in the next couple of weeks but we believe you won't need to wait long.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I also sent an email to htc Ireland and this is there reply.

Thank you Michael for the Email, HTC will release the 8.1 update to the 8X devices soon (probably in the next couple of weeks) our support team still doesn't have confirmation regarding the specific date so I can only suggest to keep in touch with us via FB/ Email in the next couple of weeks but we believe you won't need to wait long.

That's a great confirmation email unlike some of the other "we can't confirm or deny" emails that others were getting. :)

milho

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I already have the 8.1 preview and just yesterday received the first update and installed

Can you add folders on your start screen or not? If yes, you have the Update 1. But probably you don't have it 'cause Microsoft didn't start rolling out the Update 1...

Audun Lona

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
1. "As of now Windows 8.1 update is not schedule to be launched for HTC Windows Phone 8X."
2. " HTC will release the 8.1 update to the 8X devices soon (probably in the next couple of weeks)"

Which of those 2 Is the correct answer?

TheBluesOne

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
1. "As of now Windows 8.1 update is not schedule to be launched for HTC Windows Phone 8X."
2. " HTC will release the 8.1 update to the 8X devices soon (probably in the next couple of weeks)"

1 is from HTC India & 2 is from HTC Ireland. Send an email to HTC Norway, post that funny reply here. We all 8X owners will enjoy till we receive the WP8.1 update.

Last edited:

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site

Joe Belfiore said on twitter the 8.1 GDR1 will be available soon for 8X (meaning a firmware update from HTC) https://twitter.com/joebelfiore/status/497458182441021441
That is for developer's preview, concerning official release of 8.1 - I've heard September. If they launch a new phone this month, maybe the update will come at the same time it is launched?

Clement Ovunwo

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Mine isn't far from wah you were told

Dear clement Ovunwo,

Thank you for contacting HTC.

In regards to your inquiry kindly note that unfortunately we do not have a confirmation on when the windows update 8.1 will be released.

However you can always check our website for any new updates.

For further details, please note that you can contact us via support line or via email following the below

Link: http: https://support.htc.com/en

Thank you so much for using HTC products.

WP7WasMyIdea

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hopped in on DP the other day for my 8X. No Update 1 yet of course but there's more than enough in 8.1 to hold me over! Extremely impressed by how my 8X is handling 8.1!

TheBluesOne

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Mine isn't far from wah you were told

Dear clement Ovunwo,

Thank you for contacting HTC.

In regards to your inquiry kindly note that unfortunately we do not have a confirmation on when the windows update 8.1 will be released.

However you can always check our website for any new updates.

For further details, please note that you can contact us via support line or via email following the below

Link: http: https://support.htc.com/en

Thank you so much for using HTC products.

expected hehehe...

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely. Didn't think I'd like it. I do. Didn't think I'd use the notification center. I do. Didn't think I was missing much before Cortana. I was.

I though I wouldn't like the third column either as it makes the tiles smaller but it's actually great as my screen was starting to get very long. The notification centre is great as well. I have an international (Europe?) variant of HTC 8X so no Cortana there but she is on my L630 and she's very useful too I must say - now if only all the features of WP8.1 GDR1 would be available on the 8X such as the live folders and Cortana...

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Yup well that's the kind of shenanigans that made me sell my HTC and get a Lumia. You can't give proper answers to your paying customers, they'll go where they can get what they want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)