Nokia 1520 touch issues

sonekaka

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have touch issues?
My touch screen doesn't respond to my input;however, my phone goes back to normal once I turn it off and on. This issue happens every now and then. Also, when an input is made nearby the front camera , the phone acts as if I touch the back button. This issue can be fixed temporary by cleaning the area gently by a soft object. Does anyone experience these issues or is it just me?
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately its an on-going issue with the 1520. Very often you'll find that swiping the screen will result in an app or page opening because the screen interpreted the gesture as a tap rather than a swipe. And yes, occasionally the whole screen freezes up and the only corrective action is a reboot. I've had the 1520 from nearly day one of its launch (Dec 2013) and screen sensitivity/freezing issues have continued through various software updates and fixes. Another annoying screen issue I have is the delay in the light sensor adjusting the screen to the correct brightness levels.....you switch on your phone from sleep (or glance screen) mode and it takes a few seconds......sometimes up to 5 seconds.....before the screen brightens up.

We keep hearing that Nokia/Microsoft are well aware of these issues and that they may be addressed in future software updates. But frankly I'm sceptical.....only because I don't think the 1520 was a particularly big seller for Nokia and so many other Lumia's have launched over the past 6-7 months that the 1520 is no longer the flagship of the fleet.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 1520 and wouldn't trade it in for any other Windows Phone out there, it's an awesome bit of technology and the best phone I've ever owned, but I just don't see a screen sensitivity / light sensor performance improvement happening.

One thing that you can do is experiment with the screen sensitivity setting (setting - touch). Some people say it the situation improves if set to high, others (like myself) find the screen to be slightly better at reading my inputs when set to normal.

And don't forget to visit the windows phone contact us webpage and biiitch like hell about the problem.....that's what me and many others have done in the past and it's probably the only way we'll eventually get MS to find a fix :)

Cheers

applesux

fawzy aly

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
not only you suffering this issue my friend ! me to :(
i came from the other side "middle east " searching about this problem .. same you exact !
if anybody knows the best way to fix this issue PLZ tell us :unhappysweat:

sonekaka

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
After i updated to cyan, I am no longer experiencing it so far. Also, I hard reset the phone before updating it..... So no sure which one solved the problem for me. Also try to un-install touch and glance in setting by setting the date to +/-100 years, this may or may not solve the problem as well. Good luck

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss