8.1 update can't call anyone

10curtains

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Please what have I done? My 925 updated today with o2 in uk. It's up to date. I have no sound, when I call someone speaker comes on and won't go off. No one can hear me and I can't hear them.
I can't get music as app won't open.

I have reset phone several times still no joy.

Help.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Please what have I done? My 925 updated today with o2 in uk. It's up to date. I have no sound, when I call someone speaker comes on and won't go off. No one can hear me and I can't hear them.
I can't get music as app won't open.

I have reset phone several times still no joy.

Help.
Try soft reset and if the problem still persists do hard reset..Here is how u can do soft reset and hard reset (if u know how to do then ignore this message)
Soft reset is pretty simple, all you need to do is to press and hold the volume down button and the home button, together for almost 10 sec. After some time, you might see your phone vibrating and see the booting screen once again.It doesnt need any backup to be done...

Hard reset is handy if the phone is completely unresponsive.It needs backup if u want to restore your phone and doesn't want to start afresh..
You can also do hard reset by opening the Settings-> About-> Reset your phone (or)
You can perform this by pressing the volume down + power + camera buttons together until the phone vibrates, then release the power button only and hold the other buttons down for another five seconds or so, then release all the buttons.

Hope this solves your problem...

10curtains

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I put sim back in phone when I got home. Phone working as it should . I can't believe it, I had done a couple of soft resets and still had no sound or mic. I switched phone off removed sim to put in Lumia 800 , switched phone back on tried music and the app opened this time and allowed me to play music.
Put sim back in, fingers crossed still working. Now to play with the new features.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I put sim back in phone when I got home. Phone working as it should . I can't believe it, I had done a couple of soft resets and still had no sound or mic. I switched phone off removed sim to put in Lumia 800 , switched phone back on tried music and the app opened this time and allowed me to play music.
Put sim back in, fingers crossed still working. Now to play with the new features.
That's good to hear...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05