My girlfriends 925 just died?

nmsv

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriend has a Lumia 925 unbranded whih was updated through the official channel on Tuesday. All was fine until today, where the phone just died while she was at work. The phone had more than 50% of battery power and just won't charge (either from USB or wall charger).

How can I hard reset the phone? Remember, it won't turn on, no Nokia logo, nothing! Can a software reflash at home solve this?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
My girlfriend has a Lumia 925 unbranded whih was updated through the official channel on Tuesday. All was fine until today, where the phone just died while she was at work. The phone had more than 50% of battery power and just won't charge (either from USB or wall charger).

How can I hard reset the phone? Remember, it won't turn on, no Nokia logo, nothing! Can a software reflash at home solve this?

If you connect the phone to a pc can you still access it?? Nokia software recovery might be an option yes

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Cut and paste from the Nokia support site:

Step 1. Download and install Nokia Software Recovery Tool to your computer. If possible, make sure that your phone is fully charged.

Step 2. Start Nokia Software Recovery Tool, and connect your phone to your computer with a compatible USB cable. If prompted, select the correct USB mode on your phone: Nokia Suite or Modem.

Note! Using Nokia Software Recovery Tool erases all personal content on your phone. If possible, create a backup of your phone’s content before starting the installation.

Step 3. Follow the instructions shown on the tool. The latest version of your phone software will be installed, and your phone will restored back to the factory settings. This process may take some time depending on your internet connection, and you cannot use your phone during the installation.

If your phone is not starting or appears to be stuck, you can also recover your phone with “My phone does not start up or respond option” (only available for Windows Phone 8 models).

Here is a link for the recovery download:
download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/supportFiles/phones/files/recovery/NokiaSoftwareRecoveryToolInstaller.exe

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Cut and paste from the Nokia support site:

Step 1. Download and install Nokia Software Recovery Tool to your computer. If possible, make sure that your phone is fully charged.

Step 2. Start Nokia Software Recovery Tool, and connect your phone to your computer with a compatible USB cable. If prompted, select the correct USB mode on your phone: Nokia Suite or Modem.

Note! Using Nokia Software Recovery Tool erases all personal content on your phone. If possible, create a backup of your phone’s content before starting the installation.

Step 3. Follow the instructions shown on the tool. The latest version of your phone software will be installed, and your phone will restored back to the factory settings. This process may take some time depending on your internet connection, and you cannot use your phone during the installation.

If your phone is not starting or appears to be stuck, you can also recover your phone with “My phone does not start up or respond option” (only available for Windows Phone 8 models).

Here is a link for the recovery download:
download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/supportFiles/phones/files/recovery/NokiaSoftwareRecoveryToolInstaller.exe

Haha doesn't get any better than this... Crystal :confused:

nmsv

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Haha doesn't get any better than this... Crystal :confused:

lol

I replied before I analyzed the tool. Thought it was the Nokia Care Suite tool, which I used a while ago to flash an unbranded firmware into my E7 and that tool is not so user friendly than this one.

Thanks anyway, going to try tomorrow...

Vellamoose

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to me one day after the cyan update. Just press the vol down and lock screen button till u see the Nokia logo again and it's business as usual after. No need to panic. I had 75% batt left when it went dead on me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077