Waiting on CYAN update for Lumia 820??

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Its been 2 weeks of July and Microsoft India failed to bring 8.1 cyan update to all Lumia devices, I mean seriously how long is it going to take, we all want that update for the sake of storing apps on SD mainly and then battery life and lastly notifications, how Long do we wait, is it going to launch in this month also is no guarantee, this is utter disappointing...

piyushshaan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hlw iam using Lumia 820 os 8.0.10532.166. Actually i signed in for preview developer .but i never updated to preview....m using black now still a update is available though i deleted preview app . now i want official release wp8.1 .how unsubscribe form developers so i get only official update notification.

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Even i signed up but i didn't download the 8.1 update, the official update is still under testing and won't mostly be released by next month...

piyushshaan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I too signed up but don't download the preview update is there will be any problem to getting update 8.1.because my phone still showing update is available after unsubscribing the preview app

anon(8075033)

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I found an update schedule for Cyan update on the internet (I will give you a link if I can find it again) and if I read it right, the Cyan would be available for L820 in the beginning of August... I don't know if this Schedule was worth trusting though.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I found an update schedule for Cyan update on the internet (I will give you a link if I can find it again) and if I read it right, the Cyan would be available for L820 in the beginning of August... I don't know if this Schedule was worth trusting though.
That's probably the Benelux roadmap picture leaked by @evleaks and also covered by WPCentral (sorry, no links as I'm writing this from my phone).

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site

It showed august end actually according to the road map, which turned out to be fake because 625 n 925 were way behind and now they are already launched globally so we just gotta wait, not sure how long but its gonna be a while till the other phones also get the cyan update.... Im seriously growing very impatient here -_-

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
There isn't just one Cyan update, there are many! It is firmware, it is what is stored in the phones flash ROM. So there is a different version per phone model. Then, for each country, there is one "Country Variant" version, and then versions for each cell network provider.

Think how many different versions worldwide that is!

And just to add to the delay, if you don't have a "Country Variant" ROM, the Cyan update won't ship until your cell network has tested and certified it. If you are on T-Mobile USA, this might be NEVER.

You are not automatically entitled to Cyan. Stop being such a child!

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but according to Nokia/Microsoft we are automatically entitled to Cyan, they just have never said how long we had to wait to get it. LOL

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but according to Nokia/Microsoft we are automatically entitled to Cyan, they just have never said how long we had to wait to get it. LOL

No, what they said was WP8.1 and Cyan would be coming to all Lumias. Not you are entitled to it. There is a difference.

And even coming to all Lumias isn't the whole truth (not a lie, just an inaccuracy). They cannot make a commitment like that because of the network providers. Microsoft might write Cyan firmware updates for all Lumias, but if your phone has a custom network provider ROM, the network provider has the last say. If they refuse to test it, or test it and say no, it cannot be shipped to customers. Just ask owners of the Lumia 810. They didn't even get Lumia Black.

As I said, the OP and others are behaving like children who want candy this instant, and are throwing a tantrum because an adult told them no. Grow up...

Maximen

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
@ Piyushshaan
Yes you wont be able to download cyan. To unsubscribe download pre. for dev. app from store then open the app and uncheck the box "Enable Preview for developers" done.

Maximen

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
@ Piyushshaan
8.0.1532.166?
Few weeks before I installed 8.1 Pre. for Dev. later I downgrade to 8.0 using Nokia recovery tool and my OS ver. is 8.0.10517.150

sehkzychic

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
No, what they said was WP8.1 and Cyan would be coming to all Lumias. Not you are entitled to it. There is a difference.

And even coming to all Lumias isn't the whole truth (not a lie, just an inaccuracy). They cannot make a commitment like that because of the network providers. Microsoft might write Cyan firmware updates for all Lumias, but if your phone has a custom network provider ROM, the network provider has the last say. If they refuse to test it, or test it and say no, it cannot be shipped to customers. Just ask owners of the Lumia 810. They didn't even get Lumia Black.

As I said, the OP and others are behaving like children who want candy this instant, and are throwing a tantrum because an adult told them no. Grow up...

There's no need to be rude. Some of us have reasons for the urgency. I bought a windows phone 2 weeks ago believing that the Cyan update and 8.1 would be released within the next week. If it will not work on my brand new 820, I need to know soon so I can return it and get a supported phone.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb