im new to this windows phone stuff

Deyirn

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
hello, i just bought a windows phone for the first time yesterday and since then ive been looking for some basic apps that would serve me best

so far, the problems and annoyances ive encountered are:

i havent found (so far) a good music player that incorporates most known formats, like flac for example
i havent found (so far) a good e-book reader that reads fb2 for example (on android i would install fbreader and it would just read my books and if they were on a different directory, it would allow me to browse for them and it immediately imported them) here on windows phone, i cant get it to work right

can someone suggest me the best apps (or the ones that have been voted the best) that do those kind of things?

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
App is the biggest drawback of WP. No matter what WP users says. It will always haunt you whenever you are stuck somewhere.

Their is only one average quality player called moli player cost you $4 among all 275000 apps. Try it.
Might able to play flac.

If it can't play then my suggestion stick with mp3.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
hello, i just bought a windows phone for the first time yesterday and since then ive been looking for some basic apps that would serve me best

so far, the problems and annoyances ive encountered are:

i havent found (so far) a good music player that incorporates most known formats, like flac for example
i havent found (so far) a good e-book reader that reads fb2 for example (on android i would install fbreader and it would just read my books and if they were on a different directory, it would allow me to browse for them and it immediately imported them) here on windows phone, i cant get it to work right

can someone suggest me the best apps (or the ones that have been voted the best) that do those kind of things?

Try Tucan Reader. It can read fb2, and more formats.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I do use flak, but with the digital to anolog converters of even the best phone you wont hear the difference over lossless wma. And less battery drain as flak will obviously be more processer intensive.

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I do use flak, but with the digital to anolog converters of even the best phone you wont hear the difference over lossless wma. And less battery drain as flak will obviously be more processer intensive.

Obviously? Not at all! There is a lot more computation involved in decompressing MP3, WMA or AAC files than there is in decompressing FLAC. The lossy formats all use Fourier transforms, the FLAC decoder is simple integer maths.

And of course you won't hear any difference between FLAC and Lossless WMA... they are both lossless (meaning, the audio stream that comes out of the decompressor is identical to the audio stream that was fed into the compressor).

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
You are right sorry. With that said I still recommend converting to lossless wma as most of the players on WP I have used support it but not flac

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05