Dodgy screen when scrolling jn setting.. Anyone else noticed this?

Bomberfrog

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I just got a L930 today and am noticing the clear black display is having issues when in in the setting screen if i slowly scroll the test losing clarity drastically and has a almost maroon haze. When i stop scrolling its crystal clear again. Anyone else got this? FYi it was shipping with Cyan.

Cheers

Bomberfrog

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I have been reading through the forum a bit. Seems there is a bug when the screen is low brightness it goes purple... And its very notable on text... I hope its a software issue that can be resolved...

TheOzgun

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Well I had scrolling issues out of the box, apparently the "double tap to zoom" feature is the cause. It comes enabled as default, disabling it solved my issue.

TripleHelix192

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I notice this to. Happened slightly on my other phone with the dark theme.
Also, does anyone else's 930 fade in when turning the screen back on?

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I just got a L930 today and am noticing the clear black display is having issues when in in the setting screen if i slowly scroll the test losing clarity drastically and has a almost maroon haze. When i stop scrolling its crystal clear again. Anyone else got this? FYi it was shipping with Cyan.

Cheers

yeah, all of them have it -> cheap, crappy screen :-(

DuncanF62

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
yeah, all of them have it -> cheap, crappy screen :-(
No problems on mine. Nor I suspect on most. People with issues will gripe, people with none tend to keep quiet. So you really cannot extrapolate from a number of posts here to "all of them have it".

sibirsk

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Also did you notice that reds fade a lot with the screen just tilted, making everything much colder (i.e. white background becoming cyan, or red flowers becoming bordeaux/dark red)? This annoys me most.
And when you think it might be a characteristic of the 930's screen, someone else is bragging in the reviews with things like: The Lumia 930′s 5-inch, 1080p display seemed particularly bright and colorful as images such as live tiles and photos really popped. Even at 90 degree angles, these colors didn’t fade at all. (source here: Nokia Lumia 930 Hands-On: Bright Display, Powerful Imaging Apps )

nexialbinding

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Also did you notice that reds fade a lot with the screen just tilted, making everything much colder (i.e. white background becoming cyan, or red flowers becoming bordeaux/dark red)? This annoys me most.
And when you think it might be a characteristic of the 930's screen, someone else is bragging in the reviews with things like: The Lumia 930′s 5-inch, 1080p display seemed particularly bright and colorful as images such as live tiles and photos really popped. Even at 90 degree angles, these colors didn’t fade at all. (source here: Nokia Lumia 930 Hands-On: Bright Display, Powerful Imaging Apps )

Yeah, I'm really questioning the reviews I read of the screen. How did no reviewer notice all the problems with the screen? I guess they just gave it a once-over and went back to their iPhone without noticing all its flaws.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm really questioning the reviews I read of the screen. How did no reviewer notice all the problems with the screen? I guess they just gave it a once-over and went back to their iPhone without noticing all its flaws.

That's what they always do. Half of the reviews are written before the author ever even holds the review unit in his or her hand. Also, review units aren't typically those average Joe buys at Walmart. Those have been tested and carefully selected.

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Well I had scrolling issues out of the box, apparently the "double tap to zoom" feature is the cause. It comes enabled as default, disabling it solved my issue.

Thanks for mentioning this. I'm not sure whether it is my imagination, but changing this setting does seem to have made a difference!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb