Tips to make good photos outside in the dark???

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I love my 930. Photos are really good but I have a question... Yesterday I tried to make photos of some buildings in the evening. But the photos are not sharp :( Does anyone have some tips or tricks to make good photos in the dark? Thanx!!!

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Camera Beta and ProShot both allow you to make adjustments to camera settings just like you would for a DSLR camera.

I am just a beginner when it comes to doing more than pointing and clicking to take pictures, but this website might be helpful to you. They are very good at explaining settings on a digital camera for different effects and conditions.

Digital Photography School - Digital Photography Tips and Tutorials

They talk mostly about DSLR cameras, but many of the tools will work on your phone with the right camera apps (like Nokia Camera Beta and ProShot).

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Post some sample photos of scenarios what you try to capture. I can give some tips anyway.

1. First set ISO to 100

2. Use tap to screen for focus. Use medium bright spot from the focus level you want be on focus. Tapping too dark or bright spot may cause camera to miss focus. If above fails use manual focus.

3. Check what camera gives for shutter speed. If it stays below 1 sec you should be OK. 1.5 second shots are possible by little bit of practise. Raise ISO value if shutter speed is too slow.

4. Now hold phone as steady as possible. Same time keep on eye focus rectangle. When it is completely still press shutter from your screen. Do not use physical shutter button since it causes phone to move and blurred photo.

It is very important when you press shutter button. When you first tap to focus it takes 2-3 sec for image to stabilize. You can see that from rectangle easier by concentrating to it. When image is completely still this is your moment to press shutter. If you wait too long image starts move again until it stabilizes again. I can take blur free photos every time if i follow this procedure up to 1.5 seconds.

5. View photo you just took and pick up your jaw from floor.

6. Keep practising and you will nail it every time.

Making scene brighter than reality helps to hide some of noise if you are forced to use higher than 400 ISO values.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium