any ideas?? extreme data use after app update

8820man

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, has anyone else had crazy unexplainable data use lately. My mobile share plan just got obliterated for this month. The local WP guru at my ATT shop and I went through and blocked maybe 6 or so apps, nothing unusual, just twitter, weather channel, crackle(for sure not running) and a couple of others. We suspect one of these apps was doing something but we were not able to nail down the suspect app.

Soooo, has anyone had any app updates lately and experienced similar issues? Looks like i'll be captain WiFi until the end of the cycle😁. Thanks for the help in advance...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you use AT&T Locker? If yes check and make sure the "easy upload settings" are set to "Wifi only"... I've noticed a couple times they've updated the app, and it reverted to the default setting which included uploading over cell data.. Kinda sneaky of them if you ask me. I made a thread about it a while back. This could lead to data overages for some, especially those of us with 1020s and the extra large full res (34-38MP or RAW/DNG) images.

8820man

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help Ed! I have not used ATT locker but did go in and checked it out to be sure. I made my settings WiFi only just in case. I agree that it would be on the sneaky side.�� thanks again!! Other ideas and thanks in advance!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99