lumia 520 need equalizer!!!!

owen Medios

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
microsoft & nokia still not fix the audio setting of lumia 520 which still no equalizer!!!! my samsung android phone have integrated equalizer which you can also download another volume equalizer in there store! you can install many equalizer on android phone but in my nokia... its really suck!!!! hopefully... micronokiasoft can update this problem or else never buy lumia phones:angry: forever!!!!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well if you wanted a equalizer why didn't you buy a phone which had one rather than complaining? It's as good as an iPhone 4 user asking why Apple did not enable parallax for its phone but other IOS devices have it

VS729

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
IT has an equalizer!!! It under audio in the settings menu!!!! Works only with headphones now....but wp8.1 gdr1 will allow external speakers as well!! Don't know how much tweaking you need on a mono speaker....but IT DOES HAVE AN EQUALIZER!!!

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
microsoft & nokia still not fix the audio setting of lumia 520 which still no equalizer!!!! my samsung android phone have integrated equalizer which you can also download another volume equalizer in there store! you can install many equalizer on android phone but in my nokia... its really suck!!!! hopefully... micronokiasoft can update this problem or else never buy lumia phones:angry: forever!!!!

Hardware limitations prevent Lumia 520 from getting a proper equalizer. Not Nokia's fault.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hardware limitations prevent Lumia 520 from getting a proper equalizer. Not Nokia's fault.

Well technically it can be done using software. Equalizer is digital sound modulation which can be done using software, unless the Nokia 520/521's processor/memory is not powerful enough to handle this kind of processing (which I highly doubt it can't)

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Well technically it can be done using software. Equalizer is digital sound modulation which can be done using software, unless the Nokia 520/521's processor/memory is not powerful enough to handle this kind of processing (which I highly doubt it can't)

I'm not an expert in this kind of thing however if it was possible, Nokia would've added it. Lumia 620 has it though.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

520 is a bargain basement el cheapo phone!
You can't reasonably expect every single feature of something higher end.

Sure your Samsung has an equalizer, so does my 920. It was just omitted to help save a bit of money by design, its not necessarily a bug.

Go for a phone which does have an equalizer instead of complaining, you sound a tad entitled, and its not likely to change as far as I know.
Ditching Lumia because of an omitted feature in the lowest-end phone many may not care about? OK, bye. Go complain in Android Central about how you aren't getting perfect photos, flawless performance and all the features out there with a Samsung Galaxy Pocket.

(Everything I've said is speculation, I don't have any insider information sadly)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not an expert in this kind of thing however if it was possible, Nokia would've added it. Lumia 620 has it though.

Well TBH I'm not an expert either but I do know how sound modulation works. May be even though it was possible, Nokia did not enable it similar to how the 820/920/925/1020 supports Miracast but Nokia did not enable them just to create fragmentation? (High/Mid/Low-end phones)

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Well TBH I'm not an expert either but I do know how sound modulation works. May be even though it was possible, Nokia did not enable it similar to how the 820/920/925/1020 supports Miracast but Nokia did not enable them just to create fragmentation? (High/Mid/Low-end phones)

Miracast is a relatively newer feature and it has been omitted from the older Lumia generation not because of fragmentation but because of hardware limitations.

A phone needs dedicated hardware to support Miracast, the Lumia 630 despite being low end does support Miracast so don't be so quick to judge Nokia's decisions.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Miracast is a relatively newer feature and it has been omitted from the older Lumia generation not because of fragmentation but because of hardware limitations.

A phone needs dedicated hardware to support Miracast, the Lumia 630 despite being low end does support Miracast so don't be so quick to judge Nokia's decisions.
Are you a hardware engineer at Nokia or do you know what hardware is missing? Miracast is not a new feature, it has been on devices since 2012, and yes the processor on the devices mentioned above does support Miracast out of the box and if the mainboard supports it then all Nokia has to do is rewrite the drivers for it. Again I'm not attacking Nokia here, just making a point. And I don't want to divert this thread either so in a nutshell Nokia doesn't support Miracast or equalizer on the 520 because of hardware restrictions....peace V

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro