Need advice for a mid-range smartphone

Big Tali

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody! I'm about to move to a bigger city in the next months, and I'm thinking about replacing my Lumia 520 with a Lumia 630. I kinda feel sorry about it, 'cause my 520 is still young (I bought it for Christmas), but I found a good deal for the 630. Also, I'll need a better battery life, since I'll start using apps like Here Maps and Here Transit to move within the city. So... will the Lumia 630 be a good choice? I text a lot during my typical day, and my current Lumia's battery lasts for a whole day, but barely using mobile data for internet, and leaving just Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp in background.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody! I'm about to move to a bigger city in the next months, and I'm thinking about replacing my Lumia 520 with a Lumia 630. I kinda feel sorry about it, 'cause my 520 is still young (I bought it for Christmas), but I found a good deal for the 630. Also, I'll need a better battery life, since I'll start using apps like Here Maps and Here Transit to move within the city. So... will the Lumia 630 be a good choice? I text a lot during my typical day, and my current Lumia's battery lasts for a whole day, but barely using mobile data for internet, and leaving just Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp in background.

I would recommend sticking with the Lumia 520 for now. Lumia 630 has a few camera and performance improvements over the 520 however your requirements are different and will definitely be met with the Lumia 520.

While waiting, save up for the next generation Lumia 830 which will probably release soon.

Lumia 520 does have some battery problems on Windows Phone 8.1, and I would recommend getting a car charger for it while waiting for Lumia Cyan to improve or fix the existing problems.

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I recommend L625 , because u will get 5 mp cam with flash...also front cam also 1080p recording
And Nokia gives $25 gift card*
for this phone...and4.7 inch screen

Big Tali

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everybody!

The main reason I'd go after the L630 is a deal with my carrier: just €9 right now, and €3/month for 30 months (yeah, total price is €99, but at €3 per month it's virtually for free). It seems like it's a solid smartphone, and if the battery life is good, I won't feel the need to buy another one in the next two/three years.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everybody!

The main reason I'd go after the L630 is a deal with my carrier: just ?9 right now, and ?3/month for 30 months (yeah, total price is ?99, but at ?3 per month it's virtually for free). It seems like it's a solid smartphone, and if the battery life is good, I won't feel the need to buy another one in the next two/three years.

That's a great deal, what's to think about?

I'd definitely go for the 630 over the 520. It's brand new, has a bigger better screen with Gorilla Glass 3, has a faster processor, the camera is better, the battery is bigger, the design is nicer and it has the latest software. For the money is a great little phone.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99