How do you use your 930?

AirSlab

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.

Concerning the 930, we've seen some concern on this forum concerning the phone's battery life, so I was wondering, how exactly do you use it, and how long does your battery last? Please avoid vague statements like"light user" or "heavy user" as these are subjective opinions. Please be as specific as possible if you don't mind.

Otherwise, overall, are you happy with it?

Thanks in advance guys.

Lemmiwinkles

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I returned to work today after a 2 week holiday, so here is how my day went with my 4 day old Lumia 930 preinstalled out of the box with the latest firmware (UK sim-free)

7:00am - wake up and disconnect phone from charger at 100%. Use for light browsing (coupled with Surface) until 8am.

8am-10am - occasionally checking website and using Whatsapp

10am-11am - A lot of website use (including 1080p YouTube video streaming) along with a few Whatsapp

11am-12pm - occasional website use

12pm-1pm - one phonecall, no use other than that

1pm - 2pm (on lunch) - A lot of Youtube 1080p streaming, a lot of Reddit browsing and a few Whatsapp messages

2pm - 4pm - occasionally using Whatsapp, and a few emails

4pm - 4:30pm - A lot of website browsing and texting

4:30pm -5:20pm - Replying to texts

5:30pm - Home, battery at 39%.

Absolutely the best 'home form work' charge I've had since owning a 920, 925 and 1020. I don't any apps really aside from Whatsapp, 6snap (locationally) and the pre-installed ones.

AirSlab

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I returned to work today after a 2 week holiday, so here is how my day went with my 4 day old Lumia 930 preinstalled out of the box with the latest firmware (UK sim-free)

7:00am - wake up and disconnect phone from charger at 100%. Use for light browsing (coupled with Surface) until 8am.

10am-11am - A lot of website use (including 1080p YouTube video streaming) along with a few Whatsapp

1pm - 2pm (on lunch) - A lot of Youtube 1080p streaming, a lot of Reddit browsing and a few Whatsapp messages

Absolutely the best 'home form work' charge I've had since owning a 920, 925 and 1020. I don't any apps really aside from Whatsapp, 6snap (locationally) and the pre-installed ones.

Thank you so much! Did it have this solid battery life out the box or did it have to charge/discharge a few times before you got this life out of it?

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Ha! Up at 9:30, battery fully charged. Read tech news on weave and wpcentral app for an hour. Listen to music for 20 minutes or so on the way to work with mix radio. Maybe a little more music at work (and a little more reading during quiet moments lol). Low battery warning ⚠ by 1 pm.

Is it my choice of apps, or is this normal...?!

AirSlab

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Ha! Up at 9:30, battery fully charged. Read tech news on weave and wpcentral app for an hour. Listen to music for 20 minutes or so on the way to work with mix radio. Maybe a little more music at work (and a little more reading during quiet moments lol). Low battery warning ⚠ by 1 pm.

Is it my choice of apps, or is this normal...?!

I don't know, that's what I'm trying to find out though

lionofthesouth

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

Hold on, was that a work day? or a holiday day? If the former, any jobs going?:smile:

Lemmiwinkles

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hold on, was that a work day? or a holiday day? If the former, any jobs going?:smile:

Ha! Was waiting for that comment. Business closes for 2 weeks so first day back is very slow, but was a very good stress test for my 930.

Airslab: I just used it as is out of the box. No funny charge/discharge games. Although I set my phone up as new rather than restore. Battery after today is currently sitting at 24% at 11:30pm :smile: YouTube videos used to kill my 1020 and if I watched a few at lunch, I'd be lucky to make it home with a working phone. Really happy with the 930. Mine doesn't even get hot, the bottom right corner gets warm but nothing like everyone else is describing. Maybe I just don't put mine through the paces enough but the battery and performance is a massive improvement over my 920/925/1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans