Looks like Cyan for 1520 is available in UK??

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I recently downgraded my 1520 to WP8 from the DP. (on EE in UK - CV based ROM)

Lo and behold... An update showed up today... Currently downloading and will report back with a few screenshots if it turns out to be 8.1 / Cyan.
I reckon it is!!!

Last edited:

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah!!! Confirmed.... It IS 8.1 / Cyan.

Great work Microsoft!!! A few more options from the DP version. Will check everything out and report back....

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
could you also take a screen shot of your "about" page? and also what's your product code? (found on the back of your original sim tray)

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Awesome. Screen capture please. :)

Here we go!!!

wp_ss_20140722_0002.jpg

Looks like the 'phantom taps' issue is well and truly gone too. Awesome update for a truly awesome phone.

There has been a lot of MS bashing on here. I personally do not subscribe to that BS.
The MS 'restructures' seems to be paying dividends in my opinion. This update was released 'in the summer', as MS promised!!!

Windows Phone can only go from strength to strength.

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
thanks! may I ask what's the "firmware revision number" on the "about" page? and may I have the product code of your phone? (found on back side of sim tray.) thank you!

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Well my region is also UK although no updates on my lumia 1520 windows 8

Please let us know whether you got the update keeping the region set to UK?

My 1520 was running WP8 and not the DP . I dId not change anything else. I was running the DP until Saturday and then downgraded through Nokia Software Recovery Tool to WP8

It would appear that you need to be on WP8 and not the DP for the update to appear

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
im on EE ,do i have to downgrade to 8 now from Developer ,if so how did you do it please share

Yes. I was on DP - No updates. Reflashed to WP8 and the update showed up. I would recommend to 'downgrade' to WP8 first.
Use Nokia Software Recovery Tool to flash WP8, then check for OTA updates once installed...

Cyan and 8,1 is brilliant. The phone is nigh on perfect!!! Quick and responsive. Still testing, so will update if I find anything that isn't working as it should...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb