Looks like Cyan for 1520 is available in UK??

airyblue

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Also if you are running an O2 branded firmware they have said you can't get the update notification unless you are running an O2 branded firmware of WP8. Normally I would go unbranded, was going to last week, but O2's extra features have won me over.

what extra features you get on O2 ?

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
It says it's 8.0.10532.166 which will make updating to WP 8.1 easier.

That has downloaded and installed. OTA is offering me another update.

It showing a big list of lots of the OS's subsystems. E.g.,

Microsoft.PhoneFM.spkg.cab
Microsoft.BaseOS.BootApplications.spkr.cab

etc.

Installing now.

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
If I was to flash to an unbranded firmware, where would i get the rom? Sounds daft but I would prefer to have a backup of my O2 rom and the unbranded one.

airyblue

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
If I was to flash to an unbranded firmware, where would i get the rom? Sounds daft but I would prefer to have a backup of my O2 rom and the unbranded one.

Mine was O2 and i used NCS to flash CV GB. Just check the code for CV GB and type it in NCS

here is a nice tutorial: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2515453

Last edited:

Vicious Desire

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
please those who update to cyan post low light video / photo to see if the promises for "improved low light" are delivered or it remains pure crap or message me with link to youtube etc. thanks

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Mine was O2 and i used NCS to flash CV GB. Just check the code for CV GB and type it in NCS

here is a nice tutorial: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2515453

I'm guessing you mean Nokia Care Suite? i have the recovery one installed, just downloading this one now.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey All....quick question before I roll back from the DP.....I'm with Vodafone UK, does anyone know if 8.1/Cyan has the Vodafone stamp of approval? Would hate to roll back to 8 only to find Vodafone aren't on the page yet.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that in GT Racing 2, all the text is screwed up. Looks like Hebrew. Worked fine on DP. You can still play it, but it's pot luck to know which button to push!!!...
Saying that, I have noticed that the game speeds on Cyan are really quick. Very smooth frame rates. A lot quicker that DP/Black..

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Low light, living images etc all present. Not too sure about Miracast. I think Nokia calls it Beamer, which is also there. Also have Motion Data and Dolby 5.1 recording in videos, both of which work great.
All in all Cyan is a lot quicker and feels more complete than DP... At least on my 1520.
WP can now compete with the best Android and iOS have to offer. WP is not filled with gimmicks like the other two operating systems...

Well done MS. It can only get better!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa