Looks like Cyan for 1520 is available in UK??

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
ASDFGHJKL;'#

I am excited by this information. Thanks man, wouldn't have known otherwise lol.

It's weird, about 4 weeks ago I tried downloading the developer preview, went through the tutorial to download 8.1 preview, and it didn't work. I downloaded and installed "an update" but there was no change, even though it said successfully installed. I ran Nokia software recovery and there was no difference in the software numbers so I assume I never did install the developer download. Mine is sim free, unlocked.

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Flashed the UK Rom and the updates came :D after that i changed my region etc to Dutch and Cyan is alive and kicking :D
Trying this now here in Austria ;) with the UK ROM 059V337 RM-937 VAR EURO GB CV BLACK .
Here a list of all 1520 product codes:
Nokia Lumia 1520 Product Code - GSM-Forum

Can't connect to my Windows-account and when trying to UPDATE the following error pops up:
"We are currently unable to check for updates (80072f8f)"....got this message all day long....
Time and date are correct and set to "automatic".
Hmmmmm....?

Problem solved: Date was set to July 23rd, 2013 and not 2014 :). My fault....downloading/installing CYAN 8.1 right now....2 download/update cycles.

Last edited:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just had an online chat with a Vodafone rep, he called the support team, looks like the update will be a couple more weeks on Vodafone.....

Bob

rafaldo

May 13, 2014
Visit site
O2 UK. I don't know if it's WP 8.1 + Cyan yet, but there is definitely an update available...

N.B I am running official WP 8.0, downgraded from WP 8.1 DP.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
My first update is still installing, will post what will be next.

Edit 1: Ok, so the first update installed, I got enrolled out of DP and no second update.

Edit 2: Rolled back to 8.0 (again =\), no updates...

Last edited:

rafaldo

May 13, 2014
Visit site
My first update just installed and I can confirm it was the pre-WP 8.1 update.
Just checked for updates again and another is available, which I presume is 8.1!
So to cap off, they must be rolling out WP 8.1 + Cyan for Lumia 1520 on O2 UK :D

bbobeckyj

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
My first update just installed and I can confirm it was the pre-WP 8.1 update.
Just checked for updates again and another is available, which I presume is 8.1!
So to cap off, they must be rolling out WP 8.1 + Cyan for Lumia 1520 on O2 UK :D
What happened?
What are the OS and firmware version numbers that you now have?

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Why rush? Let the dusts settle and bugs ironed out first before plunging in.

Actually, I still find WP7.5 better = boots up and down faster. Not even a high end dumb phone can beat it!

bbobeckyj

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Why rush? Let the dusts settle and bugs ironed out first before plunging in.

Actually, I still find WP7.5 better = boots up and down faster. Not even a high end dumb phone can beat it!
You prefer 7.5 partly because it's quicker at turning off? I'm genuinely struggling to think of a reason why the time spent waiting for it to turn off would matter. Or that it even needs waiting for, unless you're an app developer who has built something which requires frequent resets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss