L930: Heat linked to screen discoloration?!

adamfehres

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Just tested lowering the high brightness a tiny bit in the display part of settings and its the side lights leaking through as it wasn't as bad
Sent from my RM-1045_1066 using Tapatalk

Pacou90

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
i fixed my problems !

I try some news rom, and on all i got my perfect black and after updating all update from store i got again this grey color.
Then i reset and update one by one all update to find the one who's bugging my screen...

And the winner is "Display" if i get this one my perfect black is going to this bad grey !

Then now i have my perfect black and i'm not going to update "Display" and the one from 24 July is not fixing the problem.

I'm happy now !
Bye

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth and NFC haven't even been on for me I turned them straight off. Received my phone Thursday by Friday afternoon I notice the polycarbonate shell has risen slightly in the bottom corner where the phone has got hot. I can now push down on it very lightly and it moves up and down with a clicking noise.

I have a replacement being sent next week. I'm not happy though and am worries the replacement will be the same.

TheOzgun

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
i fixed my problems !

I try some news rom, and on all i got my perfect black and after updating all update from store i got again this grey color.
Then i reset and update one by one all update to find the one who's bugging my screen...

And the winner is "Display" if i get this one my perfect black is going to this bad grey !

Then now i have my perfect black and i'm not going to update "Display" and the one from 24 July is not fixing the problem.

I'm happy now !
Bye

Can confirm. I did a hard reset and skipped Juy 24 Display update. It's perfectly black right now. Sadly, we need to say goodbye auto app updates :(

swedishsonna

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have the "light bleed" in the bottom right corner too (as well as the purple tint issue).

I'm gonna give it a go with a factory reset later this evening.

Just a few questions before I do this....

1. How do I do a factory reset.
2. How do I permanently switch off automatic updates.
3. I don't have a "Display" app... only a Display option in settings. Am I missing something? If not updating this seems to be a fix for the bleed, I want to make sure this doesn't get updated....

Many thanks in advanced,
Sonna

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have the "light bleed" in the bottom right corner too (as well as the purple tint issue).

I'm gonna give it a go with a factory reset later this evening.

Just a few questions before I do this....

1. How do I do a factory reset.
2. How do I permanently switch off automatic updates.
3. I don't have a "Display" app... only a Display option in settings. Am I missing something? If not updating this seems to be a fix for the bleed, I want to make sure this doesn't get updated....

Many thanks in advanced,
Sonna

1. Settings -> about -> reset your phone
2. Settings (applications) -> store OR Settings -> phone update (for firmware updates)
3. It's not an app it's only the thing in settings

Lycka till =)

swedishsonna

May 29, 2014
Visit site
1. Settings -> about -> reset your phone
2. Settings (applications) -> store OR Settings -> phone update (for firmware updates)
3. It's not an app it's only the thing in settings

Lycka till =)

Tack ;-)

So to stop Display from updating, I need to stop the firmware updates all together?

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Tack ;-)

So to stop Display from updating, I need to stop the firmware updates all together?

I just got a Lumia myself yesterday so I'm not sure how it works. If a new firmware is released I don't know wether or not the Display app will be bundled in a newer version with it. As it is now it's updated seperately but could as well be included in a newer firmware version theoretically. Someone else might know how MS do their updates.

swedishsonna

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I just got a Lumia myself yesterday so I'm not sure how it works. If a new firmware is released I don't know wether or not the Display app will be bundled in a newer version with it. As it is now it's updated seperately but could as well be included in a newer firmware version theoretically. Someone else might know how MS do their updates.

Ok mate well thanks for your help. I'll give the reset a go anyway and let you know how I get on.

swedishsonna

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey so I've just gone through the factory reset (and now having to get the phone back to how I liked it before :crying: ) and I'm sorry to say that I'm still getting the bleed in the bottom right hand corner.... Leaving the Display update off looks to have made no difference for me. So I don't know whether to hang tight for a response from Nokia or take the phone back for a trade?

Sonna

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs