Changes from dev preview to cyan

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for MS to fix the bitlocker issue and release cyan for those on dp, since not all of us has access to the nokia recovery tool

powersquad

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I still cannot believe that no one with Cyan firmware has bothered to tell and show if photos taken by camera on 1520 with cyan firmware look better or not.

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Not much into taking pics from phone camera... However just tried....not sure will have to check on big screen but on my phone it looks like there are much less noise in photograph taken in low light.

crimpy

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Biggest change for me is working wifi! Thanks MS. On Lumia 1520 with DP is big problem with connecting to wifi networks :(

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Scroll/tap appear to be much better than before.
There's a new arrow indicator above the Signal/WiFi strength indicators that shows when data is being transmitted
USB setting added in Settings
Brightness profile in Display setting (set brightness for low, medium and high)
New settings in "call settings" (I think, maybe I didn't look in this setting for Black):-

call forwarding said:
All calls - dropdown for "Choose Contact", "specific number"
When I don't answer - same dropwdown
When I'm busy - same dropdown
When I can't be reached - same dropdown

New "motion data" setting:-
"When motion data collection is on, information is gathered from device sensors such as the accelerometer, and also about your device location. This information may now always be available or accurate. Motion data can only be used by apps that are allowed access to your location data. You can turn motion data collection off from settings->Motion data."

That's all I've seen so far in terms of Cyan updates.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I still cannot believe that no one with Cyan firmware has bothered to tell and show if photos taken by camera on 1520 with cyan firmware look better or not.

I sympathise, but for a lot of us, especially me, the camera is bottom of the list when it comes to a phone. I rarely take pictures, but I will try and report back.....

Rasool Shaik

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
Apart from above There is a new theme color called Bright Green. Also there are lot of options in lockscreen for screen timeout. You also have never option to keep your screen visible forever until your battery lasts:)

Also Audio enhancements can now be made without using headphones in audio setting. There is also dolby enhancement setting.

paulmd

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget the new sensors - download Bing Health and you have a pedometer ala Fitbit, plus Miracast support and Dolby sound via speakers.

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
+1 for information about camera improvements. The camera on this device is one of the selling points. I haven't had any screen sensitivity issues since dp8.1.

I'm also excited for Miracast support but camera is more important.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Biggest change for me is working wifi! Thanks MS. On Lumia 1520 with DP is big problem with connecting to wifi networks :(
I am having a similar problem that would be resolved only when restarting the router or the phone. Is this similar to what you were having? It doesn't happen all the time, though.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with the Hong Kong variant of the 1520 try updating yet? Don't want to downgrade to WP8.0 for nothing :smile:

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with the Hong Kong variant of the 1520 try updating yet? Don't want to downgrade to WP8.0 for nothing :smile:

I have the HK variant. I ended up flashing the UK rom and I was greeted with a cyan update 😊
I received no update after downgrading so I swapped roms. I'm sure it will be there this week.

Will test the camera extensively tomorrow.
The biggest difference is the accidental screen taps are gone! Drove me nuts scrolling in facebook or twitter and accidentally selecting things.

Edit..just tested night video. Much improved frame rate and video seems less noisy and sharper. Audio sounds great but will test the Dolby on a stereo tomorrow.

White balance seems to be better. Actually a hell of a lot better than my 1020 indoors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss