Changes from dev preview to cyan

erfanullah

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I can no longer choose Google as my search engine in advanced IE settings. :(
Also there's no way to enable Cortana. Changing my regions to United States doesn't work.

houkoholic

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Also there's no way to enable Cortana. Changing my regions to United States doesn't work.

Have you checked your language settings? Your speech setting must also be set to English (US) to have Cortana, only settting region to US is not sufficient.

bungknees

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

Also check that the date and time are not set to automatic, that stopped me from getting Cortana. Untick that option, and i now have Cortana. With all other settings set to USA

Daneshd1

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Have you noticed any change in cyan over dev preview. Now I can see a small arrow whenever a network activity is on. Over the Wi-Fi symbol.

Hey I can't see any arrows even when my data is transferring... And also I can not find the lock screen time or option set to never... Even though I have updated to cyan... Please help

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Biggest change for me is working wifi! Thanks MS. On Lumia 1520 with DP is big problem with connecting to wifi networks :(

Good to know that cyan will fix the WiFi issue. That is my biggest nuisance when connecting to WiFi now on 8.1dp. They can't roll cyan out quick enough for me for my 1520.3 in USA and I can't wait till it does. Everyday I run check update.

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Congrats...and the no google thing was intended with the update...

The Cortana thing is troublesome though. I'm in the US with a HK variant...

Sunil Khatri

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
The Camera performance has improved. Clicking a picture takes much less time compared to previous 2-3 seconds. The low light performance has improved but not in the way it is supposed to do. The low light pictures have better contrast and brightness now but the new firmware has introduces a lot of noise in the pictures. I also doubt that normal pictures during day time have more noise(grainy) compared to old algorithms...

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for MS to fix the bitlocker issue and release cyan for those on dp, since not all of us has access to the nokia recovery tool

Why not, it's on the internet, free to download. You can just choose UK or any version and it will work, I downgraded my developer preview 8.1 to official Black and then updated to Cyan, everything works as expected. It's somewhat faster and less laggy too. Though it still resets for no reason on occasion. WP8 was faster and more stable than Cyan (or DP) is.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you noticed any change in cyan over dev preview. Now I can see a small arrow whenever a network activity is on. Over the Wi-Fi symbol.

Yes, over wifi any cellular, based on activity. It really bugs me that whenever the arrows appear over wifi, the wifi icon moves slightly to the right, like they couldn't figure out an icon that's the same size. It's not a bad feature.
Except for the arrows, I haven't noticed anything different from preview 8.1 to Cyan.

Oh, I'm on 925, I only noticed now that this is the 1520 forum. Sorry.

Luis Ruiz2

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok, my phone Icon just received and update I don't seem to see any thing different. None of what you guys are talking but the little arrow on top of my Lte bars and my Wi-Fi.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Why not, it's on the internet, free to download. You can just choose UK or any version and it will work, I downgraded my developer preview 8.1 to official Black and then updated to Cyan, everything works as expected. It's somewhat faster and less laggy too. Though it still resets for no reason on occasion. WP8 was faster and more stable than Cyan (or DP) is.

I have a MAC.

junglescope

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
The Camera performance has improved. Clicking a picture takes much less time compared to previous 2-3 seconds. The low light performance has improved but not in the way it is supposed to do. The low light pictures have better contrast and brightness now but the new firmware has introduces a lot of noise in the pictures. I also doubt that normal pictures during day time have more noise(grainy) compared to old algorithms...

From what I've seen, noise has gone down...
But I see much more aggressive noise reduction. Which I don't mind, as it doesn't look bad.

uzeroni

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Images are indeed faster and they look better. Two things though, my Philippine 1520 can't choose 2G in cellular settings (used to have it before I flashed the UK rom) and battery saver won't dim the buttons or bring the brightness down lower (negated with brightness profile)

((also, I can't seem to choose the new wallpapers as lock screen and the screen flickers at the lowest brightness, why?))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire