What are the reactions of friends, family and acquaintances about your Lumia 930?

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
My friends are really positive about my 930 when they see it. Especially they are amazed about the design, camera and the screen! They also say that it looks a lil bit like an Iphone... One of my friends also will buy it, but others are just not familiar with Windows Phone. I told them that we already have all important apps like FB, Whatsapp, Instagram, Vkontakte etc...

I already convinced my mother and brother, they have now respectivily a 920 and 1020 :cool:

So what are the reactions on your 930?

Felix Blake

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah every person that seen mine has been like wide eyed and wants to hold it and things. Whether or not because its new or just has the appeal.
My brother really likes the shape (He has a Lumia 625 with work) and the build of it.

I honestly think its an amazing looking device, just a few small things let it down in terms of issues etc.

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
My wife thinks it's a big ugly brick..lol..my daughter thinks its pretty cool and likes some of the wp features but won't be changing from her iPhone. She's 14.

Sent from my HTC One X using WPCentral Forums mobile app

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
My friends are really positive about my 930 when they see it. Especially they are amazed about the design, camera and the screen! They also say that it looks a lil bit like an Iphone... One of my friends also will buy it, but others are just not familiar with Windows Phone. I told them that we already have all important apps like FB, Whatsapp, Instagram, Vkontakte etc...

I already convinced my mother and brother, they have now respectivily a 920 and 1020 :cool:

So what are the reactions on your 930?

Honestly I switch phones so often that nobody actually gives a rat's a**. My wife can't even tell the difference between the 930 and the 920 (I can't blame her for that, tbh.).

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife thinks it's a big ugly brick..lol..my daughter thinks its pretty cool and likes some of the wp features but won't be changing from her iPhone. She's 14.

Sent from my HTC One X using WPCentral Forums mobile app

I'm guessing you got it in black (possibly white)? Just curious. I've noticed color makes an even bigger difference with the aesthetics of this phone than others. I thought the Lumia Icon was an ugly brick when it came out, but the 930 in orange and green changed my mind.

collinsgar

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
My girlfriend hates my phone and 'thinks' its ugly........... might have something to do with the fact she had her 1st iphone delivered on the same day and 'thinks' her phone is just brilliant. lol

Luckily what she thinks and what she knows are 2 different things :smile:

KPAkiller

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Whoever said it looks like an iPhone is high...or jealous.

I have the 930 and my wife has an iPhone 5s. They are so different in appearance of which I've compared them side by side. Every edge and face is very different. As are their features.

Most people that have seen my white 930 have mentioned how sleek, elegant and well built it looks. They love the transparent tiles..

Craig Rogers2

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
So far I've had 9 friends (all iPhone users) comment on it...

They mainly love the design, the live tiles and the colour! Who would've known fluorescent neon orange could be so popular?!!

My favourite question was - is the screen better than an iPhone? Not meaning resolution or size, but less likely to shatter.

It looks like I may have at least 5 converts looking to swap....

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Tell everyone it has no notification led and no glance screen and they will stay away from it, who needs a communication device that does not notify you about missed calls or emails... In the year 2014... No one !

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone mates don't want to know, they all seem to be wearing blinkers and if it's not Apple they're not interested. I can go through all the good things about the 930 and they say 'I just like the iPhone'. Fair enough I suppose but it is frustrating. It's like kids and MacDonalds - you can expose them to quality burgers but they still 'prefer' MacDonalds.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Tell everyone it has no notification led and no glance screen and they will stay away from it, who needs a communication device that does not notify you about missed calls or emails... In the year 2014... No one !
Every ios and android device definitely has glance screen feature.....

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
No but every high end Android or ios device has a notification led and/or a glance screen feature.

iOS doesn't. You have to turn on the screen to see the notifications, the same way in WP8.1. With Android, it depends on the OEM, just like on Windows Phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss