A Few questions from a New Icon Owner

nikholaspappas

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have come from a Lumia 920 to a Lumia Icon. I got my 920 Day One, and have loved my Windows Phone experience. Like the 920 before it I immediately updated to 8.1 Preview. Now I have a few questions.

1: When the screen is dimmed down the whites and grey's take on a purplish tint. Is this normal? It is more severe as I scroll. Is this do to the AMOLED screen?

2: Several of the Icons that were transparent on my L920 are not on the Icon. Do they take time to revert to transparent? (Facebook Beta and Amazing weather HD)

3: When I go in to "My Apps" in the Store, nothing comes up... Does this take time to populate?

4: When I press the power button to wake the phone up, there is a slight delay, is this normal? This never happened on my 920.

I am sure I will find more little quirks as I go. Thank you all in advance for your help

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
3. My Apps will take time to load. Normal with WP 8.1. Time depends on the #apps you have downloaded till date (This or other phone - with same outlook ID)
4. That is same observation so far with DP 8.1 on Icon. Hope we can see that fixed with Cyan.

tacroy

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I've had the slight power on delay with my Icon since upgrading to 8.1 DP. I expect it to go away once cyan / DP final is released.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I had it on 8.1 then I downgraded back to 8.0 to download the latest Verizon firmware update (1028.3566.1417.0047) and when I upgraded back to 8.1 I no longer got the purple hue from very low brightness. I thought it was the tweaking of the color profile that fixed it since I had tweaked it while I was on 8.0, but I guess that it was the firmware update.

I had originally posted it about it here - http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-icon/278533-purple-hue-screen.html

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I have come from a Lumia 920 to a Lumia Icon.

2: Several of the Icons that were transparent on my L920 are not on the Icon. Do they take time to revert to transparent? (Facebook Beta and Amazing weather HD)

I have the 521 and the Icon. On the 521, the Facebook app is transparent. On the Icon, it's the Facebook blue. I have no clue why. There's no setting you can change.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb