video on websites on IE and other questions

collinsgar

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Having nearly always had Nokia's for the past 15 years, i've moved to the 930 from the nokia 625 which was my first lumia to get a taster (moved from the nokia n8 which i loved) but tbh I'm just a but underwhelmed.

I like the size, weight, feel, layout, wireless charging, the fact that it's got a 20mp camera (which at the minute i haven't really played about with) - but even tho i know the 625 was a bottom of the range phone, i was expecting more! What else am i missing?

Also I've tried to view videos from the bbc and another website and really, they can't be played on the 930? To say i was surprised is an understatement!

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
The bbc has an iplayer app for WP so try that, overall i know what your talkin about that there is not a big change between mid and high end, but many apps need more ram wich makes a high end better for overall use, also WP is made to have a great experience from low to high end that is why you expect more but it was already good on the lower end device.

Blasted from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

collinsgar

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Agree with what your saying. My upgrades from nokia always seemed to have me in amazed - but upgrading windows to windows is just sort of 'well i know nearly everything it can do' but in saying all that............ i still like it!

The video thing tho, it's the news video's i was looking to watch, i don't understand how the 625 has no problems but the 930 can't. Seems like a move backwards for something i just took for granted.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Could be related to IE 11 or WP8.1. To be honest i own the 930 myself and had a 1020/1520/620 and 920 before it but i really like the 930 better, the 1020 felt slow with DP8.1 only the cam was really awesome, the 1520 is an awesome device but to me it was too big, the 620 was a robust device but with ram limitations wich got on my nerves (a lot of apps/games where not available), and my first WP8 the 920 i fell in love with WP because of it but the device had some issues and was heavy also at that time WP8 release there where almost no apps. My 930 is awesome fast and fluid, good cam, normal battery life (a work day), nice design, good screen if they remove the purple tint etc, it is like i said almost the same as the 625 but when you take a pic its better quality, when you have heavy apps and games its faster and better than a 512mb device, most demanding apps come to +1gb devices first and after a long time will maybe see release on 512mb ram devices etc.

Blasted from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a new 930, and before it a 1020. My experience on the BBC website is that some videos will play and some won't. The ones that won't are on old design pages such as Food. On the newer parts of the site they will play, eg the news pages. I have just been watching the video on this page and it plays embedded just fine. Does it work for you? http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28457737 If not you have some kind of faulty setup.

Tom87

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a new 930, and before it a 1020. My experience on the BBC website is that some videos will play and some won't. The ones that won't are on old design pages such as Food. On the newer parts of the site they will play, eg the news pages. I have just been watching the video on this page and it plays embedded just fine. Does it work for you? BBC News - MH17 crash: More bodies to leave Ukraine for Netherlands If not you have some kind of faulty setup.

I've noticed the same thing on the BBC website. Some videos play perfectly, others say they are not supported. On your link, the videos play perfectly on my 930.

collinsgar

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Just tried again on a few videos and they actually played find. Seems it must have been some old news articles i was trying on. Great Job!

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a new 930, and before it a 1020. My experience on the BBC website is that some videos will play and some won't. The ones that won't are on old design pages such as Food. On the newer parts of the site they will play, eg the news pages. I have just been watching the video on this page and it plays embedded just fine. Does it work for you? BBC News - MH17 crash: More bodies transferred to Netherlands If not you have some kind of faulty setup.

Works for me on my 930 and plays in-line. One thing I did notice is that the page can alter how it loads when you hit refresh even though IE is set to mobile, see below. I think it can't decide whether to display the page as mobile or desktop view.

wp_ss_20140724_0003.jpg wp_ss_20140724_0004.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans