Used the recovery tool to do a reset, all my games lost?

Rasmus Klingenberg

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I recently downgraded from 8.1 DP to 8.0, to make sure that I could upgrade to Cyan.

I had gotten a lot of games through Nokias promotion, Civ, MC4 etc. Is there any way to get them back, or would I have to pay for all of them?

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes. BTW you learned that the tool is actually doing a factory reset in a rough way but probably you don't have a 2nd choice anyways.

And your game is tied to your account, so you will not lose the ownership. But you do lose all saved data through these games.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Go to the windowsphone.com website and log in there. Then click on your name in the upper right corner and choose purchase history.

You might want to limit the reinstalls to those you'll use prior to 8.1. I believe the store checks your WP version and if any apps have been optimized for 8.1, you'll get the 8.0 version. Happy reinstalling!

Rasmus Klingenberg

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
All the free games from the promotion now has the status "not published anymore" when looking at purchase history, however I can still buy them from the store, essentially making them more trial versions than free.

Hard to complain since I didn't pay for them in the first place, but feels a bit like getting the finger from Nokia/WP.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, in some cases, maybe it's an opportunity to not reinstall. I'm sure I've got a lot of dead wood in my apps list that I don't use. I'll be doing the Recovery Tool on three 920s when AT&T gets their act together and releases the update...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077