The 530 will be a MASSIVE flop, what are you thinking MS???? Only 512 MB RAM!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Why so many low end Nokias all with similar specs? The usual old 512 ram, 5mp camera, if your lucky a front facing, dual maybe low end quad core processor, then you jump to the high end 925, 930 etc no middle ground, if you want a middle ground phone you have to go for the likes of the old 920.

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Why so many low end Nokias all with similar specs? The usual old 512 ram, 5mp camera, if your lucky a front facing, dual maybe low end quad core processor, then you jump to the high end 925, 930 etc no middle ground, if you want a middle ground phone you have to go for the likes of the old 920.

.... If *you're lucky....

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm becoming quite weary of all the Microsoft gloom & doom that is going around. Face it, at the end of the day the almighty dollar wins. Plus, base the fact that the average smartphone user has no real in depth knowledge on how to use their phone; my mother can barely use her LG Optimus G Pro or my mother-in-law struggling to send a text on her GS3. I have two WP 8.1 devices; my wife uses the Lumina 521 & other than a little lag when opening Xbox music, she loves it. I have the 925 which is downright flawless. Quick, buttery-smooth performance it works like a champ. Face it folks, this new Lumia 530 will sell big time.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
somebody who can tell me, the 4 icnh in lumia 530 is including three touch keys or not ?

Actually, looking at the 530 spec sheet, the resolution is 854x480 compared to the 520's 800x400. I think that extra 54 pixels is for the soft buttons, so I would assume that means that the 4 inches does not include the buttons.

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Didn't a lot predict t he 520 to be a flop as well? What will determined its success will be people's wallets around the world.

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Tip for the OP:
Dude, next time you do a fun post, make sure you have "Sarcasm" in big, flashing red lights right at the top.

Way too many people on this thread are simply missing the point... :)

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Tip for the OP:
Dude, next time you do a fun post, make sure you have "Sarcasm" in big, flashing red lights right at the top.

Way too many people on this thread are simply missing the point... :)

Haha I knew that it would happen, so I tried to make it as unbelievable as possible with things like "$200" or "360 no scope" that you obviously wouldn't say in a serious conversation. Still, I at least forgive the non-native English speakers lol

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Haha I knew that it would happen, so I tried to make it as unbelievable as possible with things like "$200" or "360 no scope" that you obviously wouldn't say in a serious conversation. Still, I at least forgive the non-native English speakers lol

I think you're being to kind. It's too overboard for language to be the issue. If you think it's serious, you're missing something more.

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I remember my first desktop had a 386sx processor, 2MB ram and a 10MB hard drive with SVGA graphics. This phone kicks its ****!

Honestly guys L5XX and L6XX are all about hitting price points to increase the user base. I have a 925 and 1020 and I am still going to ATT tomorrow to get the L635 as it is good enough for how I use my phone. No games, strictly talk, web, text, office, lync, SharePoint and etc... I just want the SD slot to add music. Rather have the 930 but Verizon took that option away from those on ATT...

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Thing is this is not really a true 'Microsoft' phone. Its from the Nokia roadmap, these devices have already been developed, tested and manufactured, its not simple to just upgrade it. MS wouldn't bother investing any more time or money in something they know is not theirs, with a new OS not far away, and with all the upheaval going on. Once the dust has settled from the shakeups, layoffs and integrations we will see a unified OS with great hardware aggressively pushed by MS both High and low end with competitive specs that people cant complain about.

Still it's sorta disappointing that ms or nokia whoever made it , made the 530 a downgrade and stopped production of the older golden oldies lumias like the 520,525,720,820,920 which were actually the best selling and all rounding lumias in comparison to the later lumias
Why didnt they improve pricing if they were going to make a downgrade lumia
I hope they learn a lesson and maybe tie up with Asus for their zenfone 5 which would make a great windows phone for nearly the same price and decent quality and after sales as the lumia 530
And it would make a worthy budget lumia just like the 52X series

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Still it's sorta disappointing that ms or nokia whoever made it , made the 530 a downgrade and stopped production of the older golden oldies lumias like the 520,525,720,820,920 which were actually the best selling and all rounding lumias in comparison to the later lumias
Why didnt they improve pricing if they were going to make a downgrade lumia
I hope they learn a lesson and maybe tie up with Asus for their zenfone 5 which would make a great windows phone for nearly the same price and decent quality and after sales as the lumia 530
And it would make a worthy budget lumia just like the 52X series

Price wise I agree, same with the 930 - needs to be cheaper for what it is. Going forward MS will have a lot more leeway in cost, they don't have to pay Nokia anything anymore (aside from the Maps division perhaps), the cost savings will be passed on to us as MS know they have to come out all guns blazing to make people go 'wow'.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
How exactly is Microsoft going to pull of Threshold: it will make it so that 512MB phones can run the same apps as 8GB Xboxes and PCs, yeah? How is that possible? Won't developers still have to tweak their apps for all those different specifications (like they must do now with 1GB vs. 512MB for games on WP) and then update them independently?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
How exactly is Microsoft going to pull of Threshold: it will make it so that 512MB phones can run the same apps as 8GB Xboxes and PCs, yeah? How is that possible? Won't developers still have to tweak their apps for all those different specifications (like they must do now with 1GB vs. 512MB for games on WP) and then update them independently?

Well to be fair, the OS takes up 2.5 GB so the X1 only has 5.5 GB to use for apps and I'm 100% certain that the apps don't take up hardly any RAM at all, especially considering you can run any of them alongside of a game.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Paul Thurrot recently said that many people aren't correctly understanding this "merging" of OSes remark.

You are right to be sceptical. WP will not run Xbox games, or PhotoShop, nor will WP even theoretically be able to, because these OSes aren't really becoming one and the same. WP will never have the full Win32 API for example.

However, they will all share the WinRT APIs, and they will all share similar metro UI design guidelines, but not much more. At least that is what Mr Thurrot says. Sounds infinitely more believable to me too.

What you're hearing now is the usual confusion amongst consumers, when a software company talks about "merging". It's never what consumers think it is.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Paul Thurrot recently said that many people aren't correctly understanding this "merging" of OSes remark.

You are right to be sceptical. WP will not run Xbox games, or PhotoShop, nor will WP even theoretically be able to, because these OSes aren't really becoming one and the same. WP will never have the full Win32 API for example.

However, they will all share the WinRT APIs, and they will all share similar metro UI design guidelines, but not much more. At least that is what Mr Thurrot says. Sounds infinitely more believable to me too.

What you're hearing now is the usual confusion amongst consumers, when a software company talks about "merging". It's never what consumers think it is.

Arstechnica explains it very well here

http://arstechnica.com/information-...operating-system-aint-new-and-wont-be-one-os/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos