Lumia 630 on Cricket: How is the coverage?

glovenc

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking to possibly switch from T-Mobile to Cricket since T-Mobile's coverage outside of Charlotte, where I live, isn't so great. I'm ok with 4G (or 3G) speeds, especially since T-Mo and ATT have fast 3G compared with Verizon. I just want to know how the 630 fares on Cricket, fast with decent battery life? If their network is ATT now, the coverage should be dramatically wider around the more rural areas than T-Mobile currently provides. Can anyone vouch for the 630 over the 635? Again, LTE is not mandatory and seems like a battery drain as getting on a website a few seconds quicker is not a big deal for me.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
It's great. I'm in SoCal and the observed service is unchanged from att, my previous carrier. The the 4g speeds are decent too, noticeably faster than my 620.

languedoctor

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought and returned a T Mobile 635. Coverage was excellent in Indianapolis, but you don't have to travel far outside the city to find dead spots. Cricket/ATT is much better. I don't really miss having LTE, and I definitely don't miss all the dead spots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa