Bluetooth 4.0 LE

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Whenever Bluetooth 4.0 LE in WP8.1 is mentioned, it comes with comments regarding needing the Cyan firmware update to work. Seeing as the 8x isn't Lumia it won't be getting Cyan, so will we be getting 4.0 LE?

I'm still hopefully for a WP8.1 fitbit app, but without the 4.0 its hopeless. My 8x will connect to my fitbit right now (on 8.1DP) and stays connected until I disconnect, but without doing anything since it obviously doesn't have an app to use. Is this a sign that the 8x on DP already has 4.0 LE?

Zahid

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Turns out it's NOT hopeless. I just downloaded the new Fitbit app, and it synchs to my 8X (running the developers' preview) without any sorry of firmware update. Yahoo!!!

tristan.rice

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

We're working to confirm which other devices are supported with BTLE for Fitbit trackers. It's great to hear that it is working on the 8X!

For launch we focused on ensuring that the majority of users understood the OS and firmware requirements to enable syncing.

Once our support device product pages go up, please keep check to see if you device gets support confirmation.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz