To rollback or not to rollback..

canonuevo

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys rolling back just to get the Cyan update? If you already done so, how is it so far? I'm on DP and still not seeing the update unfortunately.

hazmat008

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
You need to roll back. I just did and it updated with no issues so far. There are 2 updates. The first preps and the second one is the update.

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and rolled mine back. Heading out of town tomorrow and want it all setup and ready to go before we leave.

I'm also just going to reinstall apps one by one after doing another factory restore after the 8.1 update finishes. Making sure no trace of WP 8.0 is left.

eliranz

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I used Preview for Developer 8.1 at my HK lumia 1520 .
Then rollback to version 8 EU ( GB) and immediately received 8.1 update for Nokia Cyan .
Strongly recommend to perform the process.

Amunarjoh

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Are you guys rolling back just to get the Cyan update? If you already done so, how is it so far? I'm on DP and still not seeing the update unfortunately.
Sure! Roll back! Ok, you are going through some tedious setting up of the Device. But on the other hand, you have secure access to the first possible update.
Remember the backup, before you roll back to 8.0! It really makes the setup so much easier. From one with experience in backing up, as well as the opposite ;-)

rpac78

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
San Diego, California here. I rolled back last night and had to do two updates before cyan showed up. Took about an hour or so.

I've noticed much better battery life like 4% usage rate down to 2%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs